So... why do you like Sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

That is so cool!
I know a random persons respect is basically nothing on the internet. But, what it is worth
I give you my respect, awesome person! :guitar:
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MisschiefMajique »

Thanks ^_^

Most of the fans I've met are nice and welcoming, which is a refreshing change to the people I'm usually around. I'm to the point where I'm too old to care what people think.

And a random tangent, at least the music is better than most of the tripe I hear on the radio nowdays. XD
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

MisschiefMajique wrote:Thanks ^_^

Most of the fans I've met are nice and welcoming, which is a refreshing change to the people I'm usually around. I'm to the point where I'm too old to care what people think.

And a random tangent, at least the music is better than most of the tripe I hear on the radio nowdays. XD
Yeah this game music beats the shit out of top-40 tween pop & country! I am from the US & we have to put up with it everywhere especially with the latter where I live I really wish we could have VGM (including Sega) on the actual mainstream radio for people who don't always have internet access but oh well!

I recently created a blog all about getting VGM on the radio & TV called Operation:VGM I invite all listeners of Radio Sega to check it out!
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

[quote="Mikurotoro92"][/QUOTE]

That's absolutely awesome! I wish you luck and I will be going to check that blog out now.

As it is tomorrow I may very well put on RadioSEGA at work since both my boss and I have our opinions on the stuff we're supposed to play; we usually play Planet Rock unless our superiors are down to visit. I may make an exception tomorrow as it's a special day and I will be covering shop floor for the afternoon =D
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

I with you luck. But beware, there are people that aren't used to 8-bit to 16- bit sounds as music.
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

every time I'm listening on the radio, I always end up listing to some old Jams
70's-90's

sense...you know...now music kinda sucks and lacks the spirit mean.

other then the same, copy and paste of meanings such as:
-partying
-sex
-break ups

not to say that all us music is like that, some actually have soul and are the jams in the ruff to me. :guitar:
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

Jackisback wrote:every time I'm listening on the radio, I always end up listing to some old Jams
70's-90's

sense...you know...now music kinda sucks and lacks the spirit mean.

other then the same, copy and paste of meanings such as:
-partying
-sex
-break ups

not to say that all us music is like that, some actually have soul and are the jams in the ruff to me. :guitar:

Exactly why I prefer game music I am sick of the endless dark desolate abyss of love/break-up songs! That's what most mainstream American music consists of it's VERY tedious & gets old really fast! I assume the process of getting a sappy tween love song on the radio works like this:

1.Have a songwriter write a sappy & saccharine love song for your album
2.Have the record label pay to put your song on the radio
3.Tweens buy your song/album along with other merchandise,& pay for concert tickets
4.PROFIT!

In other words VGM actually has more heart & creativity put into it then the latest top-40 love/break-up song IMHO!
MisschiefMajique
Level 2
Level 2

[quote="Mikurotoro92"][/QUOTE]

Preach it! I mean, unlike the mainstream, a lot of videogame music has to set an atmosphere and tell it's own tale; some of which I think requires a heck of a lot more talent than we hear on the radio these days. This can be applied to TV, Film and animation tracks.

With it being Sonic's 25th anniversary today, I had Crush 40 blaring down in the shop because we normally play a lot of rock, and our customers couldn't even tell the difference XD
Mikurotoro92
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mikurotoro92 »

MisschiefMajique wrote:Preach it! I mean, unlike the mainstream, a lot of videogame music has to set an atmosphere and tell it's own tale; some of which I think requires a heck of a lot more talent than we hear on the radio these days. This can be applied to TV, Film and animation tracks.

With it being Sonic's 25th anniversary today, I had Crush 40 blaring down in the shop because we normally play a lot of rock, and our customers couldn't even tell the difference XD
Most people just don't care about VGM I tried to get Ironstone Vineyards in Murphys, California to have game music this summer at there Summer Concert Series instead of big-name singers but it doesn't bring in enough money! :mad: Unfortunately if your name isn't Swift or Beiber then you are irrelevant in the US music industry!

People can't appreciate actually GOOD music because they have been brainwashed & manipulated by these top-40 "artists"!
Jackisback
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Jackisback »

That sad truth is...
A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T THINK VGM IS REAL MUSIC! *Crying*