Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forget my PSO & PSU examples I have an even better example of this:the song Worth a Chance from Sonic & the Secret Rings it did NOT sound like something from a video game ESPECIALLY a Sonic game (where most of the vocal music is rock or punk rock/emo) rather I picture it playing in a romantic Nicholas Sparks movie! This is a perfect example of what I am talking about!

Biggest X'Eye fan. Ever. supersega's Avatar

Hate on Persona?

trigger3d.exe
    Collection; Neo Geo CD, JVC X'Eye, Model 1 Genesis, Model 2 Genesis, 2 Japanese Saturns, 2 Game Gears in a few thousand pieces, 5 or 8 PS1s (don't judge), 1 PS1 DTL (TOOL, NOT a Yaroze), 1 Gamecube, 1 Wii, 1 Xbox 360, 2 Gameboy Advances, 1 3DS, 1 PS2 TEST that WORKS!!!

Do I have a console addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by supersega View Post
    Hate on Persona?
    No you got it all wrong I was saying that Persona was one of the ONLY exceptions to this!

Dance Dance Revolution is another series with some love songs. Love songs don't bother me in general though. There's plenty of variety despite the apparently now appearing songs that just happen to be about love. I imagine it's a design choice for the game rather than "oh we want to hit the charts" choice. That said, a lot of cross media stuff happens in Japanese media so it may be the case with Japanese titles at least. Even if it was though, I still ain't fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Buta View Post
    Dance Dance Revolution is another series with some love songs. Love songs don't bother me in general though. There's plenty of variety despite the apparently now appearing songs that just happen to be about love. I imagine it's a design choice for the game rather than "oh we want to hit the charts" choice. That said, a lot of cross media stuff happens in Japanese media so it may be the case with Japanese titles at least. Even if it was though, I still ain't fussed.
    Hmm you may be on to something I never thought of that being the reason but the more I think about it it makes sense!

Also this is mainly something with modern Japanese games because most modern American & British-developed games use either licensed top-40 pop music or movie-style orchestral stuff!

EDIT:also to clarify I don't hate EVERY single VGM love song rather what I actually hate are the really slow-paced romantic ballads like Dreams Dreams (but that might be because I don't like ballads in general) so when I said "sappy love songs" that's the kind I'm referring to!
    Last edited by Mikurotoro92; 12-08-2016 at 10:27.

You've never been in love, have you Mikurotoro92?

Understand not what you say. If a vg has a romantic part for example ryo and nozomi on the bike in shenmue would you have rock music techno?

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    You've never been in love, have you Mikurotoro92?
    Kaito! That's rude!

Click to reveal

Quote Originally Posted by AIAI1980 View Post
    Understand not what you say. If a vg has a romantic part for example ryo and nozomi on the bike in shenmue would you have rock music techno?
    I would... but then there is very few situations that I don't think the use of techno would improve.