Overwatch

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Overwatch

Post by Kaito-kun »

Does anyone else here play Overwatch? Thoughts on it?

I have it on PS4 and enjoy it, but have yet to find any folks to have a decent multiplayer session with yet.

Junkrat is my main, by the way.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I have it. But on PC I'm afraid :(
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:I have it on PS4

Something something PC Master race Something something.

But jokes aside, yeah I've got it on PC and play it here and there. I was super pumped for this game when it first came out and pre-ordered it and everything! But unfortunately, I'd have to be honest that the game kind of got worst for me the more time I spent with it. Maybe it's a lack of friends to play with or the annoyance of having had to pay a fairly high price for a multiplayer only game with Micro transactions and not much else.

The Halloween event is decent though.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Watched a bit of the Overwatch World Cup to see how Australia does. I'm typically not interested in the eSport scene but we don't usually have a competitive team taking part in these sort of things so I was excited to see how our best players do...

...short to say they did horrible. I don't think I've ever seen a competitive match more one-sided than this one. the Australian team was just slaughtered by the South Korean team to the point where in the last round, SK even picked terrible classes and trolled on purpose and still won.

Then again, that's what happens when a Youtuber was picked for Australian team captain instead of an actually professional player.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Quills on Wheels wrote:Watched a bit of the Overwatch World Cup to see how Australia does. I'm typically not interested in the eSport scene but we don't usually have a competitive team taking part in these sort of things so I was excited to see how our best players do...

...short to say they did horrible. I don't think I've ever seen a competitive match more one-sided than this one. the Australian team was just slaughtered by the South Korean team to the point where in the last round, SK even picked terrible classes and trolled on purpose and still won.

Then again, that's what happens when a Youtuber was picked for Australian team captain instead of an actually professional player.
I'm 100% behind Australia for the world cup. It's true they got stomped, but are you surprised? It was South Korea. Muselk himself didn't expect to win.

The match for me was frustrating to watch, not because of the gameplay but because of the commentary. It was 98% focused on how great South Korea, barely anything was said about Australia other than 'theyre content creators'. It was so biased.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Gonic wrote:I'm 100% behind Australia for the world cup. It's true they got stomped, but are you surprised? It was South Korea. Muselk himself didn't expect to win.
Yeah but come on, you can't possibly tell me that it was all due to South Korea being a good team. The Australians are just not ready for this level of competitive play. Muselk has never really been in the competitive scene, mostly just joining public matches with his friends for shits and giggles.
Gonic wrote:The match for me was frustrating to watch, not because of the gameplay but because of the commentary. It was 98% focused on how great South Korea, barely anything was said about Australia other than 'theyre content creators'. It was so biased.
I agree, except that I also kind of have to admit that there really isn't much to say about a team when they're really not doing anything. They already said all the facts about the Australian teams and the rest is up to who steals the show which certainly hasn't been Australia.

Anyhow, I watched the replay for Australia vs Finland today. They got rolled again but at least they managed to capture some points and beat some pushes. I also noticed Muselk being in a much brighter and cheerful mood compared to yesterday's match where he just looked completely defeated.
It kind of makes me happy that the Australian lads can still afford a giggle. Makes me actually a bit proud. :')
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

It was because South Korea was a good team, they were interviewed a few times abd said multiple times they were there to win. Australia however are there to have fun.

They held up against Finland very well considering they're another team expected to win. However Australia were AMAZING against the Chinese Taipei, was so satisfying to watch after all the hosts went on to say that Australia would probably lose.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

That. was. AMAZING!

I didn't think they'd do so well but they blew me away. Man Muselk though lol. He still manages to be the comedy relief of the team and make everyone giggle. Good on the guys honestly. I think their effort was great and it really showed that they're there to have fun.

I think the hosts were the most gobsmacked after shit talking Australia so much.

Edit: I still can't forget how good this was
[video=youtube;mpYcnEhpEB8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpYcnEhpEB8[/video]
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Had a few games last night with some friends. Not keen on the new Horizon Moonbase map; it seems wildly imbalanced. The first point poses no problem for the attacking team, while point two is very heavily tipped in favour of the defending team.

But hey, 5 wins and 1 loss is pretty good for an evening's work.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

So does anyone still play Overwatch? Doomfist is finally out!