Welcome to RadioSEGA, if you are not a member register today!

RadioSEGA
  • News & Features
  • Playlist & Requests
  • Listen to RadioSEGA
  • Shows & Podcasts
  • RadioSEGA Media
  • Community
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Still Dead, Huh?

Site's still dead, I see.

A dozen posts in the 6 months since I last logged in? It's a tad embarrassing.

What are the staff doing to fix that?

Even the hosts don't bother updating their own threads.
    Last edited by Kaito-kun; 30-06-2017 at 11:20.

Apparently most the fourm members have migrated to the Discord channel. Which sucks, but a community is still a community.

I definitely agree that host's need to do more to keep the forum active, however, most of the Forum side of the community has moved onto the Discord channel, or left the site and moved on in general, which is a tad saddening, as there shouldn't be a community in one place, but site wide.

I try my best to occasionally post every now and then, but many of the new hosts barely touch the Forums which is something that should be looked into. Nothing wrong with keeping all forms of communication active, even if people claim they're "dead".
    Host of Topical Resort - Your #1 Discussion and Topic Based Show! Fridays at 7PM GMT

Ex-Host of The Dreamcast Hour - Talking about the best of SEGA's Final Console!

Catch me talking nonsense at twitter.com/TheGreenViper8.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenViper8 View Post
    I definitely agree that host's need to do more to keep the forum active, however, most of the Forum side of the community has moved onto the Discord channel, or left the site and moved on in general, which is a tad saddening, as there shouldn't be a community in one place, but site wide.

I try my best to occasionally post every now and then, but many of the new hosts barely touch the Forums which is something that should be looked into. Nothing wrong with keeping all forms of communication active, even if people claim they're "dead".
    I don't know you, but I like you already. You seem the sensible sort.

Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief!
    Norwich, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito-kun View Post
    Site's still dead, I see.

A dozen posts in the 6 months since I last logged in? It's a tad embarrassing.

What are the staff doing to fix that?

Even the hosts don't bother updating their own threads.
    I have no idea besides actually getting people to use it. I guess with the advent of Facebook and Twitter, people crave instant responses and so forums are too slow nowadays.

Asking the show hosts to post here might help, but only time will tell.

I'm hoping to login here more often. It's about time I got my life priorities sorted out.

Sonic ***** Team ****** Quills on Wheels's Avatar

I've returned after a while and I would agree with Kaito. I joined the Discord but truth be told, I couldn't get into it. The forums would be still my prime place to go to and discuss stuff with the community here. Getting your hosts to be more active here sounds like a great start. I'd love to see this place return to its active state it used to be at.

Initially when I started work on Topical Resort, the forums were next to dead so I saw no reason at the time to make a thread if there was no activity. However, at the moment, we seem to be having a revival and a wave of interest in the forums again, so I will be most likely make a thread for the show, can't say the same about the other hosts.

But either way, glad to see old members returned and glad to see new members taking an interest in the Forums again!
    Host of Topical Resort - Your #1 Discussion and Topic Based Show! Fridays at 7PM GMT

Ex-Host of The Dreamcast Hour - Talking about the best of SEGA's Final Console!

Catch me talking nonsense at twitter.com/TheGreenViper8.

Click to reveal

I love forums - have never been particularly active here though I love listening to RadioSEGA. Forums are better organised and facilitate an actual discussion, compared to FB and Twitter.

What's thus Discord thing?

Quote Originally Posted by RetroBob View Post
    I love forums - have never been particularly active here though I love listening to RadioSEGA. Forums are better organised and facilitate an actual discussion, compared to FB and Twitter.

What's thus Discord thing?
    Discord is the application where the discussion between most RS members happens these days. http://radiose.ga/discord