Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:Sumo can barely manage to put together a kart game. Wouldn't like to see them try to make a fighting game.

I'm laughing.

There are some that believes Sumo did an okay/good job on SASASR....but I HATE the DS version.

And for the sake of it, this quote just made this thread more exciting to talk about...in my opinion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Sonic All Stars racing was enjoyable. However, I don't see the point of a remake.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Sonic All Stars racing was enjoyable. However, I don't see the point of a remake.
Maybe they can fix the handling so the game is actually fun to play.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I had no problem with the handling. I still think it doesn't need a relaunch. What's there to add? More sonic themed stuff? There was hardly any SEGA in there
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:I had no problem with the handling. I still think it doesn't need a relaunch. What's there to add? More sonic themed stuff? There was hardly any SEGA in there

Agree with you there; might as well make it Sonic All Stars Racing though for lack of actual SEGA properties represented in-game.

I would love to see a sequel over relaunch; the game is well enough on it's own. If it's for some quick cash.....well....this is SEGA/Sonic Team properties....
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's worth pointing out that only Sonic Stadium said it's a "remix" which is something they pulled out of their ass.

It could just be a bare bones port to systems that don't already have the game.
cyberbeast41
Level 2
Level 2

Post by cyberbeast41 »

Wasn't another sequel in this series confirmed? After Tennis and Racing, something else would come?
Also Reknoc, why the hate? I found this to be a very enjoyable game. I like it a lot more than Mario Kart. Isn't SSAR a very decent game? Only thing lacking imo, is online leader boards.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

If this is going to descend into a Sonic + SEGA Racing v Mario Kart discussion then I'm going to throw my opinion into the ring: Sonic + SEGA Racing was all right, it kept my attention right through to the end and it got the fundamentals of a kart racing game nearly spot on, however, there was something a little...Soulless about it all and it never managed to make the leap from being a "Decent" game to a "Great" game. After getting the Platinum trophy from it on the PS3 version I've never felt any urge to touch it again. On the other hand Mario Kart games will keep my attention long after I've completed it and they have that charm that Sonic + SEGA racing lacked. And if I was going to play with friends? No contest; Mario Kart.

Anyhoo, a rumour is a rumour. Nothing more. Wait until confirmation as to whether it's a port, remake or sequel before tearing one another apart.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Personally if they are keeping the racing theme there really is nothing to add (i know its echoing a point made earlier), sega would be better looking into another crossover methodology, like a beat'em up (brawl esque thing and sony seems to like that idea) or just a sports combo but as much as i like my sega, nintendo will be kings of the crossover, theres nothing they havent already done to death. And that point can be shown with how mario kart got compared. And to be fair i would see sega passing sonic into other developers crossovers for now as Mario and Sonic was segas best seller last year (yea it beat generations which was a bit unbelievable)
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shockerbey wrote:as i like my sega, nintendo will be kings of the crossover,

Brrrriiinng... Brrrriiinng... *Picks up imaginary phone* Hello? Oh! Uh-huh...Yeah...I know, silly right?! Nintendo have only really done the two cross-over games, right? The Olympic one and Smash Bros. ...Mmm, yeah. I'll pass you over.

*Hands Shockerbey the imaginary phone* It's Capcom. They wanted to remind you of their numerous cross-over titles, including their fighting cross-overs such as the Marvel vs Capcom series, the SNK v Capcom series as well as Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Street Fighter x Tekken. Also that RPG collab they did with a load of other Japanese publishers, Cross Edge and there's Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney coming out soon as well. Also, those cameo appearances for Resi Evil, Lost Planet, Killzone and Gear of War characters in Lost Planet 2. There's also that Monster Hunter area in Metal Gear Peace Walker.
Shockerbey wrote:as Mario and Sonic was segas best seller last year (yea it beat generations which was a bit unbelievable)
It's not unbelievable. Not at all.