Random Chit-Chat Thread

What it says on the tin...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Just sold a load of old PS2, Wii and a couple 360 games to musicmagpie.co.uk
They wouldn't take any Gamecube games or some of my Platinum PS2 titles though.
Massively interesting fact (and by interesting I mean not very.) I worked with the guy that owns Music Magpie for years. Got on with him quite well. He's a massive Man city fan but nobodys perfect I suppose.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Another massively interesting fact: I watched a fight between two magpies and a crow earlier. think it was some kind of corvid turf war over the tree behind my house. got quite tactcal, at first the two magpies were ganging up and battering the crow from both sides like they do in wresting when the refs not looking. Even though the magpies were only about half its size,they kept up this tag team tactic by attacking from both sides in dive bomb swoops then hiding in a thick part of the tree the crow couldn't get into. they'd also strafe around so they couldn't be locked onto. Eventually the crow had had enough of having his face pecked in and fluttered off.
Tic Tac, sir?
thesonicfan209
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thesonicfan209 »

ok i think this is a little more interesting, i had my state tests today.[no not the best part] Well one of the questions had things to do with videogames and there was a: videogame disc,the original gameboy,for some reason a floppy disc,and last but not least a frickin dreamcast controller, yes out of a ps3,xbox 360,and wii controller they use a dreamcast controller
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:Another massively interesting fact: I watched a fight between two magpies and a crow earlier. think it was some kind of corvid turf war over the tree behind my house. got quite tactcal, at first the two magpies were ganging up and battering the crow from both sides like they do in wresting when the refs not looking. Even though the magpies were only about half its size,they kept up this tag team tactic by attacking from both sides in dive bomb swoops then hiding in a thick part of the tree the crow couldn't get into. they'd also strafe around so they couldn't be locked onto. Eventually the crow had had enough of having his face pecked in and fluttered off.
Keep me updated. I found myself cheering for the crow during this story and I hope it gets it's own back on those bullying magpies.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Killer French Bread wrote:Another massively interesting fact: I watched a fight between two magpies and a crow earlier. think it was some kind of corvid turf war over the tree behind my house. got quite tactcal, at first the two magpies were ganging up and battering the crow from both sides like they do in wresting when the refs not looking. Even though the magpies were only about half its size,they kept up this tag team tactic by attacking from both sides in dive bomb swoops then hiding in a thick part of the tree the crow couldn't get into. they'd also strafe around so they couldn't be locked onto. Eventually the crow had had enough of having his face pecked in and fluttered off.
I had a similar event happening. While we were having a BBQ at some park, I watched a crow and a bunch of magpies attack pigeons. Probably territory matters.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Pigeons and corvids can usually share space without fighting over territory, it was more likely a fight over the food. The magpies do it to the squirrels too near me -they sneak up behind them and keep pecking their tails so they turn away from the food and then they can nick it.

Looks like the magpies have kept the tree for today at least. They're still up there hectoring away. It's actually a repeat of last year. I think they must nest earlier than the crows so they get to the tree earlier in the season, then the crows turn up and nick it back. Last year the magpies spent a week or so making a nest only to be sent packing when a couple of crows appeared. This year there's only one so he's finding it s bit harder. I guess he's got to wait for back up.

Then the crows fight it out between themselves to see who can lord it over the field. It'd be even more fun but most of the raptors round here get shot by the farmers looking after their game birds.
Tic Tac, sir?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Haven't played a game in about a month now... e_e
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Haven't played a game in about a month now... e_e
I take it there were other things keeping you away....I could be wrong....
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Even though I'm in holidays, I've been spending most of my time studying for this damn Scholarship test. It's REALLY important. If I don't get it, my parents will take me back to Iran... and they're planning to remove the internet there... :(
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

mtwinny wrote:I take it there were other things keeping you away....I could be wrong....
Kinda, want an original Xbox but need to rid of some older consoles to make room for one.
Managed to shift my Wii, PS2 and Gamecube so far.