Infinite Space: Can someone help?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Infinite Space: Can someone help?

Post by Page »

I think I am missing something in Infinite Space. Im trying hard to get into it but the battles seem to be bascially rock, paper scissors, with some moving back and forward. There is a story there, but Im getting blown to bits every 3 seconds because I pick 'rock' and he has 'paper' -_-

Anyone played it? Any advice? I know there was interest by someone who wanted to review it (Not me i guess as I seem to stink at it...)

I know there is a good game in there somewhere I just need a shove in the right direction to find it!

Thanks

Page
________
Amateur Sex
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

No that's about right. The battles are the weakest part of the game.

There's a good tut on youtube but I'm too lazy to search for it so some obvious basics

First make sure all the gun icons on the top screen are blue, that means all your weapons are in firing range.

Second make sure you don't take routes to places that avoid planets, you need to rest up other wise your action bar will fill up slow as hell in battle.

Third remember what's good against what:

Normal = weak, poweful if enemy is shielded
Barrage = strong, nullfied by a shield

Forth use the indicator at the top right of the top screen. If it goes from yellow to green and there isn't an attack you know they're shielded so use a normal attack, if it's red they're more than likely gonna barrage so get your shield up.

Fifth formation, always make sure you're attacking the ship at the front. You choose targets from the top of the bottom screen where it tells you where what is. Also when you have a fleet make sure you put your flagship at the back since it's game over when that dies.

Edit: a good strat is to just hang back out of the enemies shooting range (shown on the bar at the top of the top screen) and wait for your bar to charge up and too keep an eye out on if the enemy has shielded.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

Thank you for the help, I really thought I was being stupid with the battles. Game seems pretty good, though. Ill look on Utube and stick with it.

Page
________
Brunette British