Games that Time Remembered, Hated and Ruined

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

How did the franchaise manage to get into that state?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

IvyRave wrote:How did the franchaise manage to get into that state?
It became gimmicky. Pro Skater 4 is still the highlight of the series in my opinion. Underground tried to add a story, Underground 2 tried to hard to attract the Jackass crowd, American Wasteland has some nice ideas, but little variety, Project 8 was bland, by the time Proving ground rolled around people had stopped caring and as a result Activision went for the kids market with a big plastic peripheral.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

To be honest I thought Pro Skater 2 was better than 4 but that's my opinion. I left that franchaise years ago (roughly the same time I started to like Sonic)
It's a great shame, I think it could have been so much more
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

3 was the best. The open world thing they tried in 4 was kinda crap and carried on being crap every game they made after it.
IvyRave
Level 10
Level 10

Post by IvyRave »

When you grind in 4 and you have to keep your balance was always hard for me. I don't like the fact that the new ones have snow boarding and I also think that they've replaced the skaters on the old ones, I loved Chad Muska and Jamie Thomas for 2 they are amazing
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Never used the professional skaters, the games skater maker was too good to not use.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

3 was my favorite Tony Hawk game. And yeah, same here. Create a skater was the shit!

The King Of Fighters series IMO is the official Madden of fighting games. Not really anything different other than the presentation and a roster change. At least they gave the graphics a revamping on KOFXII though.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:3 was the best. The open world thing they tried in 4 was kinda crap and carried on being crap every game they made after it.
Open world thing? Are you referring to the way career allowed exploration and free skate? I loved that in number 4.
Wrath Oskvro wrote: The King Of Fighters series IMO is the official Madden of fighting games. Not really anything different other than the presentation and a roster change. At least they gave the graphics a revamping on KOFXII though.
How is that different from any other fighting series? I like my 2D/2.5D fighters, but they don't tend to vary much between sequels.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

A good point, but at least most of them improve the fighting mechanics themselves. Street Fighter 4 is a very big update from Street Fighter 2 I'd say. And Virtua Fighter gets better with every sequel. King Of Fighters has always kept the exact same gameplay mechanics from the get go. King of Fighters 98 feels pretty much exactly like King Of Fighter 2003.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.