Sonic Generations

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Gonic wrote:I sort of agree? It was the only level that caught me with cheap deaths. (wouldnt be a sonic game without them) It looked great tho. Music was awesome aswell
I think I died the most in that more than any other stage so far.
Mainly on cheap deaths.
I got through Crises City way easier, though I found Rooftop Run to have a lot of annoying placed badniks.
Yet to play Planet Wisp, so my progress thus far.
Wizpig
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wizpig »

Reknoc wrote:Wow, had we got that instead of that ugly ass figure I may have cared about the CE.
Eh, um, i guess... no?

The Eur collector's edition is one of the best i've ever seen.
In a generation where "special" editions are the default copy and all they have is a DLC code for some skins... the european box is huge, the contents are awesome and the price tag is quite the cheap one compared to other games.

Just finished the game, the ending was awesome, the final boss was the worst part of the game.
I loved the Sonic Heroes zone (Act 2) because it's simply... big. it's not "press X to win", it's huge compared to Unleashed levels.
And Crisis City was awesome, Act 1 is amazing fun.
Being a Sonic Colours huge fan i was awaiting that zone - it's very good but i was expecting more wisps.

Basically, if you tried the demo know that Green Hill Zone is the easier and more straightforward zone of the game. the game gets better!

-2 weeks to Generations 3DS!
And after Colours and this i simply can't wait for the next Sonic. (that is not called 4 Episode 2)

A return to the Adventure formula and fields, but more big, and less 2006-ish... would be awesome.

Fun Fact: there's a boss straight from Sonic Unleashed.
But i never finished the damn game, so it was the only content i didn't have "nostalgia" for!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I don't think you've seen many collectors editions. Or just bad ones, I'm not sure. You should have checked out Bethesda's before they decided to sell people overpriced plastic dragons.

Edit: Why do you care about Generations 3DS if you don't care about Sonic 4.2?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Fallout 3 Collectors Editions was great.... I want me a Vaultec Lunchbox :/
Wizpig
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wizpig »

Reknoc wrote:I don't think you've seen many collectors editions. Or just bad ones, I'm not sure. You should have checked out Bethesda's before they decided to sell people overpriced plastic dragons.

Edit: Why do you care about Generations 3DS if you don't care about Sonic 4.2?
Third sentence: "in this generation".
Good collector's editions on PC, Bethesda or not, are something out 1800, not today where your "game" is on Steam even if you have the DVD.

I have the Oblivion's "collector's edition" for the 360: your usual cardboard box with some extras.

It's this generation that started the "bad collector's editions" trend, stuff like Red Dead Redemption's or Call of Duty with plastic toys -- and as i said Oblivion, or the Super Mario all-stars box.

The best ones i saw and in some cases own are DS games (Japanese copies, of course) like Ace Attorney and the VO Memorial Box (again, Japanese) which is actually smaller than this.

But in Europe? something like this?
I stand by my "one of the best i've ever seen (in person, unlike you -- just a guess)" statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px0oxyY7Luc

http://i44.tinypic.com/15q6adi.jpg

To think we had something like this just some years ago, so much better, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKbejUAtsjM
Finally, where exactly is it written that you can't like the idea of a fourth "Sonic Rush" game (Gen 3DS) if you don't like how Sonic 4 plays -- meaning in a totally different way? boost instead of spamming homing attack to go faster? tricks? hopefully less crappy physics?
Rush 3 (Colours DS) was good.

edit. oh, right, you were the one hating on the CE at the announcement! gotta stay true to your words, so you're still hating on those who bought it instead of trying a polite conversation.
"overpriced", "ashamed to put on display"...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What are you even talking about? The bethesda games are this generation. You seem to be under some delusion that bigger is better. I never considered the entire CE for Generations to be, I just don't like tacky looking statues.

The Witcher 2 was also this generation, though it had an ugly bust (an unfortunate trend) it still managed to keep its price down.

And yes, the Sonic Adventure 2 one is much better. It's pretty similar to the Oblivion one in fact.

In regards to expecting Sonic Generations 3DS to be Sonic Rush 4, is very much like expecting Generations to be Sonic 4, uh 5? (one of them I guess).
Schubert
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Schubert »

How could a collector's been better than this one? There's everything a Sonic fan needs to celebrate 20th anniversary in the best way: the statue is huge and the ring is awesome, no doubt about this. There's an artbook, the soundtrack, the dvd... The box itself is a nice collector's item.

I don't think it's overpriced. I paid it 87 euro. Considering the content I'm not satisfied. I'm enthusiastic, and all the people I know had the same feeling.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Uh...don't know what to say...

Hmm...I like a Sonic Rush 4, if Generations 3DS is going to be simislar in that regard, I'm fine with that. That's Dimps whole strategy with how the Modern Sonic play in those levels...Using the Rush engine as a base and make some improvements where needs be...

About Generations HD 'expecting' to be Sonic 4/5...lol what are you talking about man? I know I wasn't expecting it to be like that in any, shape, or form. (Then again, I feel I'm not getting at what you're saying...)

EDIT: Oh look, almost up to 1000 posts to this thread!
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Regrading Classic sonic having a homing attack in generations 3DS. Its apparently an unlockable move. Which makes it optional to use i guess.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

The doubleganger races make me rage.