What "Type" of game would you like SEGA to focus on next for sonic?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.

What would you like SEGA to focus on next for sonic?

Main Series
77%
Storybook Series
8%
Racing games
No votes
Arcade games
8%
Party games
8%
Other spinoffs
No votes

Total votes: 13

Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:A shadow the hedgehog 2 would be nice! I can allready see the title:

Shadow the hedgehog 2:
The Return of Maria Robotnik

More guns!
More Level!
More Mistery to cover!
If SEGA ever does that, I'm going personally to PAX in said year that it would be announced, slap Ken Balough in the face and tell him to make good games.
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Shadid wrote:If SEGA ever does that, I'm going personally to PAX in said year that it would be announced, slap Ken Balough in the face and tell him to make good games.
LOL! Oh c'mon! It couldn't be that bad! And you know that some people actually liked the game!
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:LOL! Oh c'mon! It couldn't be that bad! And you know that some people actually liked the game!
Some = 19% of the people.

The rest that disliked the game = 81%.

And this is a true story. the game tries to be good, but it flails. Just like the...HORRENDOUS '06. (And it's not always because of the story, although it plays a huge role. The gameplay is the main factor too, and Shadow's and '06's were more than dreadful.)
I live here now!
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Shadid wrote:Some = 19% of the people.

The rest that disliked the game = 81%.
I'm actually quite curious as to where you got that figure from.
Shadid wrote:Just like the...HORRENDOUS '06. (And it's not always because of the story, although it plays a huge role. The gameplay is the main factor too, and Shadow's and '06's were more than dreadful.)
I never tried anything past the demo of that. I despised the physics in the game, it was like gravity was only turned down to half what it should be.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Kaito-kun wrote:I'm actually quite curious as to where you got that figure from.
Actually from some people I talked about the game. (around 96 people.)
Kaito-kun wrote:I never tried anything past the demo of that. I despised the physics in the game, it was like gravity was only turned down to half what it should be.
Exactly how I thought, but I had no demo on the PS Store...I had to buy the full game...I feel gutted for even finishing the game.
I live here now!
Castleinferno
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Castleinferno »

if SEGA and Nintendo run out of plans for mario and sonic at the olympic games series (summer and or winter) they should throw in pokemon and maybe another SEGA franchise game!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Castleinferno wrote:if SEGA and Nintendo run out of plans for mario and sonic at the olympic games series (summer and or winter) they should throw in pokemon and maybe another SEGA franchise game!

What about Amigo?
Sonic The Drunk
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sonic The Drunk »

I hate to see rehashes of games. I think that they should leave the Olympic series where it's at and maybe move on to legit sports games, like a Mario & Sonic Golf, etc.

No Regrets!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Virtua wrote:What about playing as Robotnik (sorry, Eggman for post-'Adventure' fans) and the objective is to capture animals, turn them into robots, build a Death Egg and a sprawling chemical/mechanical metropolis, design a Mecha Sonic and then defeat Sonic in a final battle.
I've actually had loads of similar ideas! You could turn it into some kind of strategy game by building badniks, eggpawns and factories to pollute the wastes and gradually steal cute fluffy animals for nefarious purposes. Then you could design your own traps to defend the fortress from Sonic, design your own badniks and 'boss suits' to fight Sonic with, etc.

Course, Sonic would always win in the end :biggrin:

As far as the storybook series is concerned: What about Sonic as Robin Hood? You could then have Amy as Maid Marian, and Tails/Knuckles can be the Merry Men. Robotnik could be the sheriff (Or even the Friar) and have Shadow as Gisborne.. It could work >_>

But I agree with the majority; let's just concentrate on making some good games, critically speaking, and see how Colours goes down.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

CapnCloudchaser wrote:As far as the storybook series is concerned: What about Sonic as Robin Hood? You could then have Amy as Maid Marian, and Tails/Knuckles can be the Merry Men. Robotnik could be the sheriff (Or even the Friar) and have Shadow as Gisborne.. It could work >_>

Actually, Thats not a bad idea! I actually like it. But A few changing I think would make the game better:
First, Amy as Maid Marian? I mean Sonic doesn't really like Amy. I wished Sally acorn was on the games so we could put her as Maid Marian. Still I dont know, Maybe Blaze? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I dont think that would work eader. But never mind. My point is that They could put another person, Somebody who sonic likes more. Hey! What about A character like Merlina or Shara? That might work.

Second, What if we would also put Big the Cat in their. And DONT think I like him. I was just thinking that he could be little John? And Eggman could be the mean king and Maybe metal sonic could be the sheriff! :P

Third, I also think Sonic in Eagypt wouldn't be bad. or sonic in greece or in persia(Like prince of persia).