The 'Today' Thread

What it says on the tin...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Most of you would think it sucks. I can feel the negativity radiating around already. But I digress.

A city holds a secret. Ten years ago someone uncovered that secret and started to become obsessed with it. His team all died when he went to far in using that secret for himself. In the present a group of people finds out this secret.

I typed an 18-page paper as a synopsis/beginning of the 'game'.
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

TheChaosBlue wrote:Most of you would think it sucks. I can feel the negativity radiating around already. But I digress.

A city holds a secret. Ten years ago someone uncovered that secret and started to become obsessed with it. His team all died when he went to far in using that secret for himself. In the present a group of people finds out this secret.

I typed an 18-page paper as a synopsis/beginning of the 'game'.
Interesting but what kind of city?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

A fictional city.
ozzypt
Level 10
Level 10

Post by ozzypt »

TheChaosBlue wrote:A fictional city.
err i mean like a city sent in witch year? where is the city what scret does it have
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

ozzypt wrote:err i mean like a city sent in witch year? where is the city what scret does it have
The city is set in on an alternate Earth; a little bit into the future. That secret is an energy source.
Pitchshift3r
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Pitchshift3r »

Over a month ago I won a competition on NowGamer's Twitter feed for an Assassin's Creed 3 game guide. A few weeks back nothing had arrived, so I contacted NowGamer and they were waiting for Ubisoft to send them the guide to forward to me.

Today I check again as there has still been no sign of my prize. I didn't worry too much as it was only a game guide, but the editor of NowGamer emailed me to apologise for the issue and offered this resolution.
Cheers Niall!

Just wanted to explain - when we did the giveaway, Ubisoft contacted us and said we can't give away the copy he had, as it was watermarked for press. So they told us they'd send us another and they haven't. I think they were a bit grumpy after we gave it 7/10. Whoops.

So what I'm going to do instead is send you a free game, if you're cool with that? Let me know what format you'd prefer (360 or PS3) and I'll send you a list of games so you can pick one.

Cheers,
Ryan

[font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica]---[/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica]Ryan King[/font][/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica]Editor[/font][/font][/font]
[font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica]NowGamer[/font][/font][/font]

[font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica][font=Helvetica]So I'm getting a free game of my choice as an apology for Ubisoft's mistake Image[/font][/font][/font]
PSN ID - Prime3k
------------------------------
Twitter - @Prime3k
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

got a bit of a follow up to the last story involving the library toilet. seems like everytime i go there something bad happens. Anyway, this time I again needed to get some tissue so I go in, grab some from the disabled toilets again (keeping a keen eye out for cleanliness this time) and leave my gloves on the top of the dispenser while i blow my nose. there's a queue though so i move out the way and forget to go back and pick the gloves up before I leave. Realise this about half an hour later and head back. naturally someone is actually using the disabled toilet for the first time since I've been using the library and he's taking ages. I didn't know what to do because i thought standing outside it would look a bit weird so i went into the cubicle next door and waited for the telling flush so i could hop in next. Suddenly it dawned on me that this guy was taking ages cause he's taking a massive shit. I don;t wanna hear this so am covering my ears but still hoping the flush will still be audible. It was but so was his dirty gastric movements. He was firing away on full throttle. I was literally hunched over in a toilet with my head in my hands listening to someone shit for 10 minutes. New low right there.

Gloves weren't even there when I finally dared to enter. So if you see someone in a wheelchair wearing marks and sparks leather gloves give them a kicking from me. I'm never blowing my nose in there again.

Also had a strange incident at a lecture this morning. a friend that also attends it got locked in her room by her ex after an argument and he ran off with the keys - and she tells me to give this explanation to the lecturer. didn't exactly come out that well, i tried telling him discreetly, but everyone overhears me saying it replete with the final flourish - 'but don't worry, she won't go hungry because her flatmates have figured out they can slide mini cheddars under the door'.
Tic Tac, sir?
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Killer French Bread wrote:got a bit of a follow up to the last story involving the library toilet. seems like everytime i go there something bad happens. Anyway, this time I again needed to get some tissue so I go in, grab some from the disabled toilets again (keeping a keen eye out for cleanliness this time) and leave my gloves on the top of the dispenser while i blow my nose. there's a queue though so i move out the way and forget to go back and pick the gloves up before I leave. Realise this about half an hour later and head back. naturally someone is actually using the disabled toilet for the first time since I've been using the library and he's taking ages. I didn't know what to do because i thought standing outside it would look a bit weird so i went into the cubicle next door and waited for the telling flush so i could hop in next. Suddenly it dawned on me that this guy was taking ages cause he's taking a massive shit. I don;t wanna hear this so am covering my ears but still hoping the flush will still be audible. It was but so was his dirty gastric movements. He was firing away on full throttle. I was literally hunched over in a toilet with my head in my hands listening to someone shit for 10 minutes. New low right there.

Gloves weren't even there when I finally dared to enter. So if you see someone in a wheelchair wearing marks and sparks leather gloves give them a kicking from me. I'm never blowing my nose in there again.
What I want to know is why go back to the SAME stall? That or that library needs more toilet stalls or something...
Killer French Bread wrote:Also had a strange incident at a lecture this morning. a friend that also attends it got locked in her room by her ex after an argument and he ran off with the keys - and she tells me to give this explanation to the lecturer. didn't exactly come out that well, i tried telling him discreetly, but everyone overhears me saying it replete with the final flourish - 'but don't worry, she won't go hungry because her flatmates have figured out they can slide mini cheddars under the door'.
Oh that's just quaint.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote:but everyone overhears me saying it replete with the final flourish - 'but don't worry, she won't go hungry because her flatmates have figured out they can slide mini cheddars under the door'.
Day 37. The Mini Cheddars supply ended today. I may have to resort to eating the bedsheets.
TheChaosBlue wrote:What I want to know is why go back to the SAME stall? That or that library needs more toilet stalls or something...
By the sounds of it the disabled cubicle had a paper towel dispenser in the cubicle upon which KFB placed his gloves.
Crow
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Crow »

Got up early, went down the street, bought some Skylanders from Target, went to some other shops, bought more Skylanders from EB Games, bought DMC HD collection, pre-ordered DmC, came home and posted on RS then played DMC3 for a bit.

Then I realised that Dante and Masamune share the same voice actor.

Everything makes sense now.