Chickaroo Reviews - Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS)

Use this forum for all your game reviews, SEGA or otherwise. All threads will be moderated.
chickaroo1
Level 9
Level 9

Chickaroo Reviews - Scribblenauts Unlimited (3DS)

Post by chickaroo1 »

Maxwell is back with an all new puzzle adventure! And now he’s going around the world to find all of his siblings to save his sister from a curse.Game: Scribblenauts Unlimited
Systems: Nintendo 3DS, Wii U, Windows
Release Dates: 3DS / Wii U: 11/13/12 (NA), 11/30/12 (AUS), 12/6/12 (EU)
Windows: 11/19/12 (NA), 11/28/12 (AUS), 2/15/13 (EU)
Developers: 5th Cell
Spoiled Little Children, Am I Right?
Story: Hey for the first time in Scribblenauts history, we get a reason why Maxwell has the notebook. His parents gave him the notebook that could make anything come to life. So one day Maxwell and his sister Lily bump into an old man and decide to prank him using the notebook. Being angry at the prank, the old man curses Lily to become stone if Maxwell doesn’t collect starites by helping people around town.
3rd Time’s The Charm
Gameplay: The gameplay is still relatively the same as the last two games but with a different layout. Rather than having a menu and picking out which puzzle to solve, you are in a hub world with people around you that need help. Just tap on a person who has a starite symbol over their head and from there, you will get to solve a puzzle. Solving a puzzle will get you a starite bits. Getting more starites will unlock more areas of the town as you go on as well as unlocking Maxwell’s brothers to play as. There’s lots to do. You can use adjectives in your words to be more specific in your items. Just let your imagination run wild in this game!
Clean and Cartoony
Graphics: The graphics here are pretty good and look much better than the previous games. They’re bright and colorful and look rather well on the 3DS.
More Jazzy Fun
Music: The soundtrack is kind of the same as the others games. The main recognizable theme song comes back. Other than that, the music is rather bland and unmemorable.
Is The Notebook Worth It?
Overall: Scribblenauts Unlimited is an alright game. It’s fun yeah, but I don’t know. I can’t seem to get in it. The game doesn’t let you roam about in a small area to do what you want at the start screen like in 1 and 2. But hey, I’m sure others will like it. Me? I think it’s alright.
3 / 5