Star Wars Force Unleashed 2

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Tried the demo the other night. Seems pretty similar to the first really. For all it's faults I thought it was an enjoyable enough slashy jumpy fighty type game. Im not gonna jump out and buy it straight away but im definately gonna rent this one.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

baraka6 wrote:I played the first, found some of it quite frustrating, and some other bits quite enjoyable, im glad they left it open for a second the only issue we know in the storyline is with vader, we know he isnt going to be killed so yet again in the second id imagine he will be chased a lot and another big duel. Either way im sure there is going to be some good gameplay, storyline and lets hope they fixed some issues from the first
well ur in for a shock cause i know the story now and ull b surprised. praying there isnt as many cameos as what ive read
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

right the game came out yesterday, i got it yesterday and i friggin finished it yesterday. the game is way too short and its easy to play as the guy from monkey island. bottom line get the first one if ur interested
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Shockerbey wrote:heads up there will b a third
From yet another developer since they sacked everyone who worked on the second game by the sounds of it.

Demo was decent, felt alot better than the demo for the first game. The dismemberment made it so the lightsaber seemed alittle less like a neon glow stick.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Reknoc wrote:From yet another developer since they sacked everyone who worked on the second game by the sounds of it.

Demo was decent, felt alot better than the demo for the first game. The dismemberment made it so the lightsaber seemed alittle less like a neon glow stick.
having read the book (better than the game) and finishing the game theres got to be a third. no if about it the ending demands a third
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I think there's a big if; If the game didn't sell well there ain't gonna be a third. Not that that changes anything I said, if Lucasarts do want to wash more money down the sink for a third it'll be done by entirely new developers.

The story is rubbish anyway. It's not a series that will be missed, now maybe Lucasarts can do what people actually want and get someone to work on a proper Battlefront 3.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

no seriously the ending blows the bridge between 3 and 4 outta the water. goes between 3 and nowhere thus defeating the purpose of the game. tbh i think this game is redundant. I dont wanna say anything cause it will spoil the end of the game. look at the ending and youll see what i mean
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The game's purpose is to have something abit different from the Jedi Knights and Knights of the Old Republics. It's a game obviously inspired by 90's arcade beat 'em ups with crazy over the top force stuff. To even consider thinking about the story is "doing it wrong" I mean come on, the main character is called Star Killer, how lame can you get? There's no way a game in which you smack people around with a lightsaber can be redundant.

Without all the fancy lights and special effects I don't see any appeal in Star Wars, the plot has always been rubbish.

And I have no idea what 3 you're on about Star Wars started with A New Hope and ended with Return of the Jedi. Does it have something to do with Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon?
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Reknoc wrote:The game's purpose is to have something abit different from the Jedi Knights and Knights of the Old Republics. It's a game obviously inspired by 90's arcade beat 'em ups with crazy over the top force stuff. To even consider thinking about the story is "doing it wrong" I mean come on, the main character is called Star Killer, how lame can you get? There's no way a game in which you smack people around with a lightsaber can be redundant.

Without all the fancy lights and special effects I don't see any appeal in Star Wars, the plot has always been rubbish.

And I have no idea what 3 you're on about Star Wars started with A New Hope and ended with Return of the Jedi. Does it have something to do with Tartakovsky's Clone Wars cartoon?
nah it was revenge of the sith i was on about the idea was to close the gap between revenge of the sith and new hope but with said ending leaves new hopes opening as one big question
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Revenge of the Sith? Nope never heard of it.