Debate: New Gen or Old Gen?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Lost in Shadow? Yea that looks fantastic, WiiWare though isn't it? that service is massive example of bad marketing. XBLA and PSN are only slightly better.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

There's usually always games you never knew existed though, and I used to read gamecentral on the teletext everyday in past generations and still miss stuff. That you are surprised that one decent game passed you by says a lot.

I just wish Microsoft were more lenient with letting stuff go on XBLA. They should have 10-20 new games a week not 1 or 2. It just stops games getting released at all if the cost of entry is so high now and then you have nobhead companies stopping stuff going on download services. I'll be the judge of what's worth buying, ta.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

So it can become like XBOX Indie games? Yeah no thanks.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Ignoring that shit, there was no point in them stopping any old games. Stuff like the back catalogues you get on the Wii and PS3 thing.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wait what is it you want exactly? Original xbox games to be released again? A lack of quality control making it like the iTunes store which Indie games already provide?

Edit: Speaking of budget the 360 must be doing something right for Cave to release all their games retail.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

I suppose exactly what I want is something of a balance between a good stream of decent new and old games and a bit of quality control keeping the shit out (I know that's probably asking a lot, but surely not impossible). If putting up with a few avatar massage games means I can play Ketsui for 800 points instead of the £50 I had to pay for it because MS wouldn't let it on XBLA (because 'old' games can't go on there), I can deal with that.

That seems better than MS letting one game drip out of my xbox every week they they deign as good enough. And I've seen a Scott Pilgrim game on there, so I know there opinion ain't worth shit.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They're not doing a good job of enforcing the no old games thing with Ikaruga and the upcoming Guwange.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Lost In Shadow is actually a full retail title. Shows you how hard it is to get noticed!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Oh well. Huh. That's pretty surprising.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Reknoc wrote:They're not doing a good job of enforcing the no old games thing with Ikaruga and the upcoming Guwange.
Shows they don't really have much of a decent policy, changing their minds so frequently. Even more reason to let people decide what to buy or not. I suppose they wouldn't have as much control then though. Which they seem to like.

I would have preffered they let Ketsui online. You know the game that hadn't been released on any format at its time of application and could only be played if you lived near akihabara or had a PCB costing about a grand, instead of Guwange which you can get off Mame for free.
Tic Tac, sir?