Favorite Controller

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

What is your favorite controller?

NES
No votes
SNES
6%
N64
11%
GameCube
11%
Xbox/360
22%
Sony PS1/2/3
6%
Sega Genesis
6%
Sega Saturn
22%
Arcade Sticks (specify which one)
6%
Other (specify)
11%

Total votes: 18

Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote: I think my favourite is the N64 pad though, mostly because it was really versatile in how it could be held and it just felt really comfortable for me. It doesn't feel quite as comfortable these days though, but it did at the time :P

I've never been overly keen on the N64 pad. The three prong design has always left me confuzzled as to how to handle it after being used to dual pronged or no pronged designs all my life. You either have the streach your thumb right over to the centre on the controller to use the analouge stick or just abandon half the controller and hold it from the centre.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

For me It has to be the playstation controller followed by the gamecube one. They were both very comfortable controllers and very easy to get use to. Plus this may just be me but Tekken is easier to play with the PS controller.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^Exactly!
I remember that one of the most famous games in the age of PS1, in my country, was Takken 3. It was a good game. I enjoyed the monster.
Crash had his good times too in that era.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

have to agree with you on that Capn; the n64 pad was very comfy

edit: wheres the DC pad?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:I've never been overly keen on the N64 pad. The three prong design has always left me confuzzled as to how to handle it after being used to dual pronged or no pronged designs all my life. You either have the streach your thumb right over to the centre on the controller to use the analouge stick or just abandon half the controller and hold it from the centre.
You abandoned half the controller. If the game used the analog stick it didn't use the D-Pad or L button. Once you get over the rather weird design and actually hold it to play something it's really comfortable. Didn't really like the analog stick much though.

Tell you what's the worst; PS3. Couple the already awful design of the dualshock with the worst "triggers" imaginable and you get the PS3 controller. Shame really, fantastic console otherwise, but whenever I consider getting something on PS3 or 360 I have to think will it use the triggers.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

mazonemayu wrote:have to agree with you on that Capn; the n64 pad was very comfy

edit: wheres the DC pad?
Didn't have enough room for it and I didn't expect anyone to say it was their fav pad which is why I just put the 'Other' option.
Kaito-kun wrote:...

Moving on, I don't have a favourite but I am rather fond of my HORI Fighting Stick 3.
I've got the FS3 and yeah it's definitely amazing. Some disagree but I think the square gate on the joystick is just awesome.
--

Reknoc: I never cared for the N64 controllers myself either just because it just feels cheap and the joystick can wear out fairly quick compared to others. I don't really care for the button placement either other than the facebuttons, and the dpad is pretty cheap feeling. It's comfortable and all but it's just....meh. I dunno. As for the PS3 controller, I partly agree. The 'triggers' now are absolutely ridiculous, I'm getting pretty sick of the shape because it's not as comfortable as people say it is. I don't like the shoulders of the controller being pressed up against my fingers. I don't like Xbox 360 at all, but I'll give it credit for one thing: the controller's not bad. Too bad the dpad is stiff as hell.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I think the Sega Saturn controller is the best by far, followed by AES Arcade Stick and the DC controller.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

TF73 wrote:I think the Sega Saturn controller is the best by far, followed by AES Arcade Stick and the DC controller.
One thing I dislike about the Dreamcast controller is that the wire comes in at the bottom of the controller rather than the top. I know they probably did it so they could slot the VMUs in there, but it's still a little awkward.
mazonemayu
Level 9
Level 9

Post by mazonemayu »

thats why they put a little hole at the bottom of the DC pad, you have to insert the cable there yourself.
I'm still amazed at how few folks actually know this.

btw the DC pad is my second fav controller. a while ago I went over to a friend to try out his ps3 (yes, I've really played it only once) & I was very uncomfortable with the controller. its probby coz I play dreamcast 99,99% of the time & I'm used to a big chunk in my hands ;)
it really felt like I held a small childs toy, very strange
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I never played the DC before. But I have seen it and it's controller and I don't get one thing. What is that little screen on the controller?