Where/How Do You Buy Your Games?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

Where/How do you buy your games?

Major game shops
18%
Other retailers
15%
13%
New: On release
7%
New: Few weeks later or in deals
11%
Second hand
13%
None: rent or borrow, etc
2%
Collectors editions
11%
Standard editions
11%

Total votes: 55

sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I usually get used games at my local farmer's market or at Gamestop. I rarely buy any full-priced games. I love looking for cheap deals or collector editions.
ImageImage
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Killer French Bread wrote:I don't need some 'free' plastic junk to justify wasting money. I did buy MGS Subsistence though, that had loads of extras.
You should see the Assasin's Creed Collector's edition. Man it has a lot of stuff. :ohmy: Oh, and I also thing that the collector's edition of Sonic Classic Collection had quite a lot of stuff too. An awsome metal box, a statue and 3 poster. Although I still don't have it becuse I can't be bodered buying the game since I have all 4.

Anyway, I never buy my games online since my mom is too scared of it and she thinks that they will steel our money.
I mostly go to the gamers shop which as coolman said before, EBgames but let's not forget JB-HiFi and GAME.
I don't like to buy second hand games unless it's a complite nessesary and there isn't any knew one. For example, my Sonic Mega Collection Plus and my Sonic Gems collections are Pre-Owned.
I like to buy collector's editions and limited adition stuff.
I don't mind Pre-Ordering my game if it is worth it. I have only pre-ordered one game in my life and that was Sonic Colours(Is Colours for British or Colors?) and I did it because of that cool Sonic hat.
I don't buy new games stright away. I try to wait untill they have gotten cheap.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:You should see the Assasin's Creed Collector's edition. Man it has a lot of stuff. :ohmy: Oh, and I also thing that the collector's edition of Sonic Classic Collection had quite a lot of stuff too. An awsome metal box, a statue and 3 poster. Although I still don't have it becuse I can't be bodered buying the game since I have all 4.

Anyway, I never buy my games online since my mom is too scared of it and she thinks that they will steel our money.
I mostly go to the gamers shop which as coolman said before, EBgames but let's not forget JB-HiFi and GAME.
I don't like to buy second hand games unless it's a complite nessesary and there isn't any knew one. For example, my Sonic Mega Collection Plus and my Sonic Gems collections are Pre-Owned.
I like to buy collector's editions and limited adition stuff.
I don't mind Pre-Ordering my game if it is worth it. I have only pre-ordered one game in my life and that was Sonic Colours(Is Colours for British or Colors?) and I did it because of that cool Sonic hat.
I don't buy new games stright away. I try to wait untill they have gotten cheap.
English (USA): Colors.
English (UK): Colours.

:)

Now, on topic. When needed, I buy my games at Gamestop when the price is low (new, of course), or buy it in local mega stores like Vobis or Worten. Or, if all else fails, order from Amazon. I actually prefer Amazon due to its low rates (and with the Super Saver Delivery program now valid here), and because it mostly is worth the wait.

And since my brothers get the games, I can see their reason. :P

Also, if I see good deals in Online retailers like Steam or GOG, I try to tackle them. Example, Left 4 Dead 2, a month after its release, went around 30€ (original price 40&#8364 ;) , so, even if the discount was low, I still got it, and enjoying the heck out of it.

EDIT: Yep, 1337th post. inb4 l33t jokes.
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Shadid wrote:English (USA): Colors.
English (UK): Colours.

:)

So since I am an Austrlian, I should say Colours. ;)

Anyway, some of my Sonic games are Copies and not oreginal since when I was in Iran, they don't have Oreginal games. What could I do? And I can't be stuffed to go and pay money, just to get the oreginal version which is the same.