Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

7Force wrote:I would also recommend FullMetal Brotherhood. Really enjoying that one.
Just read the manga. The anime expects it and is pretty awfully paced when it isn't rushing through the content the original series went through.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Not sure if this is mentioned yet...but have anyone here read Future Diary? I love that series, and it got me back into reading manga. The story starts out as simplistic enough; A group of twelve people are each given a 'Future Diary' - a device, object, or some other thing that allow its user to 'predict' the future based on his or her own experiences and interests...
...From there, it's gets more complicated and exciting, no lie.

Shame TokyoPop lost the rights to the series seeing as they went out of business as a manga distribution company...now I don't know where to continue reading it...but there's now a subbed anime of it, so I'm happy :D
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

That's Mirai Nikki, right? Nah, not read or watching it myself but I know a few folks are following the anime as it's airing in Japan at the moment.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I had a slight interest in the manga, but a lot of people complained about the end so I never bothered. Only started watching the anime because I wanted to give Anime on Demand another chance and they were streaming it, also I wanted to have something to watch between Penguindrum episodes.

Penguin Drum:

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Kaito-kun wrote:That's Mirai Nikki, right? Nah, not read or watching it myself but I know a few folks are following the anime as it's airing in Japan at the moment.

Right, it's called that. It's like, the only manga I'm interested in right now...heh...
Reknoc wrote:I had a slight interest in the manga, but a lot of people complained about the end so I never bothered. Only started watching the anime because I wanted to give Anime on Demand another chance and they were streaming it, also I wanted to have something to watch between Penguindrum episodes.

Penguin Drum:

Best thing ever right here. The art is so amazing, I want to cry.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's a parody of this Hark a Vagrant comic: http://harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=120
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

What do you all think of the Persona 4 adaptation to anime? Watched the first episode, and actually liked the concept they're aiming, while maintaining the Persona feel, which is kinda nice. :3
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's cheap and rather badly made. Maybe it got better but I ended up dropping it when they covered the first boss fight and the entire battle was in the background.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

I'm enjoying it

But the facial colouring still ticks me off

Plus they're being cheap with the animation with the chequered stuff, Its as if its just a mesh, moves like it used to in older cartoons/animation if you know what i mean
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Found out one of my fave mangas (MGX) is to be turned into an anime :D

http://www.moetron.com/2011/12/21/nazo- ... announced/

As i said in previous posts, i really hope it picks up now so the idol arc can be trimmed down... man that was a boring arc