What did you just beat?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Reknoc wrote: But now you're saying Bethesda made a better story than Obsidian? Now I know you're wrong. You could literally write nonsense and it would be a million times better than Fallout 3s story.
Good to know.
Still find 3's story better, here in NV all the story is find the guy that shot you in the beginning while helping a group in your choosing to help you.
Reknoc wrote: Also the Capital Wasteland was horrible.
Then you going to hate this, the map seems smaller, less things to do, and its pretty much empty.
Reknoc wrote:Also New Vegas has hardcore mode.
I love hardcore mode. A great addition, makes the game more realistic and challenging. Again i think the game is still great, it just comes short to fallout 3, disagree? Good for you.
They did fix some issues that was in Fallout 3. The gameplay is better when it comes to shooting, the new circle menu is amazing when you have companions (The companions are still dumb as a rock), the game feels more balanced, and more perks when you level up.
Its not really a sequel that its a huge leap forward, more like it just improved on a few minor things from the last game.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

What was your first Fallout?
RWDebara wrote:Then you going to hate this, the map seems smaller, less things to do, and its pretty much empty.
So you'd say it's a wasteland. Good, that's what it should be. Capital Wasteland sucked because a massive portion of it was just an irritating maze that required you to go through boring samey subways.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Beat Original mode on Mushihimesama Futari after nearly a year of on-off playing. Now to try Maniac mode.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Just getting past the first level in any Cave game is an impossible dream for me.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

They are making them easier these days. Or for teenage girls. Either way, Deathsmiles is piss easy.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Considering the characters I'm sure they're not making them for teenage girls.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Yeah I suppose. well, even pedos without the tekkers can compete now.
Tic Tac, sir?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Reknoc wrote:What was your first Fallout?
First was Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics:Brotherhood of Steel. then Fallout 1
Reknoc wrote: Capital Wasteland sucked because a massive portion of it was just an irritating maze that required you to go through boring samey subways.
Massive portion? I disagree, I only been in the subway a few times only in the missions where it required it and to get into DC for the first time. I would say i been in the subway around 5 times, and yes the subway was boring except the train stations.

But Yeah to get into DC was annoying and some locations that required you to go through the Subway when you first start off in the game but it didn't bother me that much later on, just the traps you couldn't really see because of the lighting and the random dead ends got annoying.

But other than that i enjoyed wondering around the wasteland finding towns with a weird plots behind it, or neat characters. NV has that just not as much, and their not as interesting to explore like 3.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Man, trying to finish Sonic Unleashed with all S ranks and everything unlucked is quite tricky.
Sonic Heroes is also so hard on the PS2! I finished all the teams except team Dark and even so, getting the chaos emeralds is even harder with the bloody controls! No wonder everybody sais Sonic Heroes is the hardest on PS2.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

RWDebara wrote:But other than that i enjoyed wondering around the wasteland finding towns with a weird plots behind it, or neat characters. NV has that just not as much, and their not as interesting to explore like 3.
But that's the problem with Fallout 3, it didn't have any. Nearly all characters are so bad they're a stones throw away of standing around telling people they ran into radroachs the other day, they hate those things.

So here's the thing. Fallout 3 is fine, in neo-Bethesda terms Fallout 3 is amazing, leaps and bounds above Oblivion. But it still suffers from some of the stuff Gamebryo causes and Bethesda's low opinion of console gamers. In terms of Fallout it's pretty middling, character creation is dumbed down and the writting is appalingly bad (again only slightly better than normal Bethesda level). Still the Elder Scrolls sand box style kinda worked out alright, if you removed the city (and especially its inhabitents) it would have been much better. From just the small amount of gameplay I've seen of New Vegas I can tell the writing is vastle superiour and close to the level of Fallout 2, which is the most important thing in Fallout. Oh and there's Hardcore mode and improved VATS. Obsidian at least seem to realise that console gamers aren't massive retards that drool over their contollers between waiting for matches in Call of Duty.

That said yea, there's gonna be an ungodly amount of bugs. Obsidian are known for incredibly buggy products and gamebryo is a massive buggy turd of an engine, the best thing you could have hoped for is that both of them are so bug happy that it'd cancel each other out and the game would be absolutly perfect.

Sooner Zenimax buy Obsidian and give them back Fallout the better. I'd rather it be back in Avellones hands instead of Todd Howards grubby incompetent claws.

Edit: not that this has anything to do with the topic, I'm just dodging around so I don't have to admit I haven't completed anything recently because I'm awful at completing games. Also it seems way to long since I had my last methsoft rant.