The Unified "Sonic Boom" thread.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Gonic wrote:To sum it up. She's one of the worst Characters Sonic Team have ever pooped out
GG SEGA/Sonic Team.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Home and Away will always have a special place in my heart for being a soap that had a crazy cult story arc.
Right, right, hold the Sonic chatter; things just got silly and interesting in this thread!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Right, right, hold the Sonic chatter; things just got silly and interesting in this thread!
It was a long ass time a go but I remember there was some cult that lived in a farm, they kidnapped some girl and planned to impregnate her to birth "the chosen one" it was amazing.

summary of the arc here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumma_Rose#Mumma_Rose

edit: hooly shit, searching for that summary lead me to this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/h ... ZRu14zmyY1

they had another cult storyline last year. and it's called.... the lodge!! you always were such a kidder steve
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Reknoc wrote:It was a long ass time a go but I remember there was some cult that lived in a farm, they kidnapped some girl and planned to impregnate her to birth "the chosen one" it was amazing.

summary of the arc here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumma_Rose#Mumma_Rose

edit: hooly shit, searching for that summary lead me to this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s15/h ... ZRu14zmyY1

they had another cult storyline last year. and it's called.... the lodge!! you always were such a kidder steve
I love how you know more about this Australian show than I do.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I love how you know more about this Australian show than I do.
well, like Neighbours it aired over here and seems to have had a big enough following for another station to pick it up when the original station dropped it. The show will always have a certain level of nostalgia with me anyway since it was on every weekday after the after school childrens block along with Shortland Steet (new zealand hospital soap) and my mum used to watch it.

plus it's pretty hard to forget a soap that throws a crazy cult story arc at you.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Reknoc wrote:The show will always have a certain level of nostalgia with me anyway since it was on every weekday after the after school childrens block along with Shortland Steet (new zealand hospital soap) and my mum used to watch it.
Shortland street, now that's a name i haven't heard in years, have vague memories watching it but it's the icon/logo that always stuck with me.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matty wrote:Shortland street, now that's a name i haven't heard in years, have vague memories watching it but it's the icon/logo that always stuck with me.
i still remember the theme tune to it lol
[youtube]9S2f-MgCaQE[/youtube]
so painfully 90s

also it is still going apparently and is at like 5000+ eps

edit: shout outs to the ending with lyrics (i seriously still remembered the first few lines of it...)
[youtube]-KOmOKL2WME[/youtube]
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Wow this thread derailed quick.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Twinny wrote:Wow this thread derailed quick.
probably indicative of how dull the game looks.

I watched a bit of a gameplay trailer but didn't get very far before I had to turn it off due to how boring it was. It doesn't look "bad" but the bar has already been raised for Sonic games thanks to Colours and Generations that being a little better than bad isn't good enough. It just looks like the most bland top down brawler.

Also to nitpick theres a bit where and enemy flips a switch but does it with an attack animation, hate that, it's some PS1 era shit.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I'd agree with the game looking boring but mainly because of the levels. Like I mentioned before, they're just so big with barely anything in them, all just open fields of nothing with a few rings sprinkled here and there.