What're the rarest games in your collection?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Nothing too fancy. I've got Snatcher on the mega cd and Code veronica on the gamecube which is rare-ish. Im going to have to have a proper root around see what I have.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

richarddavies wrote:Nothing too fancy. I've got Snatcher on the mega cd and Code veronica on the gamecube which is rare-ish. Im going to have to have a proper root around see what I have.
There's a Gamecube Version of Code Verionica? I thought that only came out on Dreamcast and PS2
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Yeah, the Gamecube version of Code: Veronica was a re-release of Code: Veronica X. Came out along with the re-releases of RE2 and RE3 on Gamecube.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I've got Rez on the Dreamcast. Quite a few of my DC games cost a bit now, but I bought most of them when they came out or when they were cheap in that period around 2003-2007 when the value of Dreamcast stuff sunk to a real low point before becoming a bit fashionable again in the last couple of years.

Under Defeat, Trigger Hearts, Cosmic Smash, Project Justice and all that. Cheap for a while, now have some iffy prices.

Ended up with a stack of PS1 games that were fairly scarce too. Symphony of the Night with the art books probably being the best.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Ugh, I really want Project Justice. Don't really want to pay £40-odd for it though, don't think it's really worth all that much.

The later Capcom games are worth a bit as well, mainly because they were the last major third party to support the Dreamcast after SEGA killed it off. Granted, the games were iffy at best, but still. I want them as well :( Should've bought them when they were cheap.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Nightmare of Bilstein is a good 3D capcom fighter on the Dreamcast that's well cheap. Not as polished as PJ but I had a laugh with it in 2 player mode because you can pull of some cool moves with little skill.
Tic Tac, sir?
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

7Force wrote:I think the rarest game i have is Fantavision on the PS2 which came out on the PS2 launch and I've heard copies of it go for a pretty penny on ebay.
i had that game :3

lent it to a mate & never got it back =.

was a weirdly unique but enjoyable game

the pre level clips scared me though |:
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

7Force wrote:I think the rarest game i have is Fantavision on the PS2 which came out on the PS2 launch and I've heard copies of it go for a pretty penny on ebay.
Fantavision? I've seen a couple of those dirt cheap at my local gamestop.

For me, the rarest games I think I have are like the Squaresoft/Enix ones such as Legend of Mana, Einhander, and Xenogears. I'll have a more proper look through my collection later to see what else I got.
ImageImage
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

richarddavies wrote:Nothing too fancy. I've got Snatcher on the mega cd and Code veronica on the gamecube which is rare-ish. Im going to have to have a proper root around see what I have.
Snatcher, nice! I spent years as a teen going around game shops asking for it and they had never even heard of it :( Still not played it, but it just sounds so awesome.

Are Saturn games rare now? I have pretty much very PAL Saturn game I could get my hands on, including Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, Burning Rangers etc... The only game missing from my collection is Panzer Dragoon Saga. I bought it on release day, but sold all my Saturn stuff to get a Dreamcast, and then sold all my Dreamcast stuff to get a Xbox... These facts still haunt my dreams! I now never ever sell games, unless they're really bad. In fact, the only game I have sold in the past five years was Brain Training, cos that was such a waste of time and money.

I also have Night Trap and a few MegaDrive games like Streets of Rage 2. I can't play them, as I don't have the consoles, but I keep 'em anyway. Got a bunch of Dreamcast games like Shenmue, JSR, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

The rarest game I have is probably Shining Force 3: Scenario 3. I have never been able to play it, but I still keep it!
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Do you have In The Hunt for the Saturn? I've wanted that for a while but it's hard to find.

There are a fair few expensive Saturn games, Shining Force I think is quite sought after.
Tic Tac, sir?