Mini-Movie Reviews

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I don't think I can face another X-men film. Seen those three released a few years ago and they started off alright but I gradually lost more and more interest as the went on. Even Cylcops went mad by the end.
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Honestly, give X-Men: First Class a try. It's like a prequel, only I don't think it's meant to tie into the original films. The casting's pretty good as well, can't think of anybody that was too much of an annoyance.
BluePuyo
Level 9
Level 9

Post by BluePuyo »

metalgamer wrote:I watched the "Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides" film yesterday. It was better than Worlds End, but not as good as the first two. It was humorous and had a decent storyline despite the abscence of Orlando and Keira. Not a return to form, but still enjoyable. The only thing I really don't like about some movies like that is when there is a fight, plenty of stuff is going on, but the actual fighting you don't see much of, as in if there was a battle with many people, one stabs the other, but then all of a sudden, before you feel the impact or it sinks your head, it goes straight to another part. I hate action scenes like that. If the camera was on each battle after the stab for a couple of seconds longer, it would be better. Don't know if anyone else thinks that.
I plan to watch this one.

Although At World´s End didn´t feel better like the first two, it had one of the best combat scenes and had a nice closure of this Davy Jones saga.
metalgamer
Level 8
Level 8

Post by metalgamer »

BluePuyo wrote:I plan to watch this one.

Although At World´s End didn´t feel better like the first two, it had one of the best combat scenes and had a nice closure of this Davy Jones saga.

Watch it. It is worth watching and is in fact quite good, all I'm saying is it's not as good as the first two in my opinion. It is still a good film to watch.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I got Leon on Blueray last week and decided to give it a watch last night. Not seen it in awhile but I remembered why it's one of my all time favorite films. Really really brilliant film and it's commendable for being possibly the only film I've ever seen where I don't think the child actor in it is a complete fuckhead. Oh and on Blueray it is a directors cut edition and it had about half an hour of new stuff in it i'd not seen before. It added a few good scenes to it and you learn a few new things about Leon too.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Leon is a great movie! Natalie Portman is as you said, absolutely spot on and Jean Reno is just so cool. I'm actually going to watch it again tonight.

Saw King Kong (2005) the other day, despite being 3 hours long it was quite fun. It was actually enjoyable until they took the monkey off the island... Maybe they were making a subtle point? Oh wait - Peter Jackson was the director.

Still watching a huge gorilla fight pissed off dinosaurs can never get truly old.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
dab_dob
Level 6
Level 6

Post by dab_dob »

Thanks for this
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

I watched "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" at the cinema the other day.

In short? It was great. The way the stories of "The Crab with the Golden Claws" and "The Secret of the Unicorn" were woven together was brilliantly done, providing a wonderful mix of action, adventure and dashes of humour in the right amounts.

The only disappointment? The titles read "The Adventures of Tintin" rather than "Hergés The Adventures of Tintin"

It's just not proper otherwise!
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

Watched the new CGI christmas carol today and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was, jim carey wasnt the greatest as scrooge but michael caine is unbeatable in my eyes so each man to his own. The surprise was gary oldman as Bob Cratchet, Tiny tim and Marley. Brilliant as always
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Ides of March: waste of six quid
Tic Tac, sir?