Mini-Movie Reviews

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Just watched Black Dynamite. Thought it was awesome. Just really funny and a great send up of the blaxploitaion film.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Finished The Road. Took me two goes to get to the end. Grim film, yet quite exciting and tense even though nothing really happens. A bloke and his sprog just keep legging it from baddies. The ending was a bit deus ex machina too. Everything had the Gear of War brown look to it which put me off initially, but did actually give a good apocalyptic effect. Kept making me hungry because everyone in the film was hungry - that associating thing innit, like the way you always want a smoke when watching a Bond film. Alright overall.

I also have Defiance and Shutter Island to watch. Are they good?

Edit - typed Black Dynamite into IMDB, and it suggested this haunted house thing as a related film, which has one wicked cover:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1176928256/tt0076162

I want to see it just because of that picture now. It must be good.
Tic Tac, sir?
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

This is Black Dynamite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y24a0c ... re=related

Awesome sauce. I managed to watch the Road but I found it a bit of a slog. Not alot happens really. I love Shutter island though, clever film.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Killer French Bread wrote:
I also have Defiance and Shutter Island to watch. Are they good?
Saw shutter island recently, very good movie. Recommend you see it :)
CDbiggen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by CDbiggen »

Saw Unknown yesterday, not a bad film at all. Real edge of your seat stuff, always an element of suspense. Lacked a really decent ending though. Liam Neeson great as always. Heh anything with guns, explosions and car chases are enough to keep me happy XD
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

Taken with Liam Neeson was the first film i've seen in ages that I thought had a proper bad ass character in. He's top in that. It's classic When he meets the person that kidnaps his daughter for the first time and he's like "You don't remember me do you?" It's brill.
CDbiggen
Level 2
Level 2

Post by CDbiggen »

"I will look for you. I will find you. And I WILL kill you." And begin rampage lol.
People are like books. We’ve all got a front and a back. You get my drift?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

When in Emerats airlines, I watched 3 movies; Tangled, MegaMind and The Princess and the Frog.
Tangled wasn't bad and was quite nice. I liked it. The Humor and romance wasn't bad.

MegaMind was also pretty awsome. The humor was pretty hilarious.

The Princess and the Frog was also pretty good. Not as good as the other two but was still enjoyable.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Watched Shutter Island in the end and did like it. Didn't fully understand the ending and have been given about 3 explanations of it so far. The way he didn't escape is a bit frustrating, there's no pay off for all the desperate trecking around he does. Getting told it's all because he's a mad head adds to the futility. Saying that, the tension is brilliant.

I now have a film called Black Water to watch.
Tic Tac, sir?
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Just watched the Green Hornet. There was a lot of great action and comedy in it. Seth Rogen was a riot and the guy who played Kato kicked major ass.
ImageImage