Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Ah, "Hatsune Miku: Unofficial Hatsune Mix".

I remember reading the manga years ago. According to its Wikipedia page it isn't the official depictions of the Miku and her friends but in my mindset, they are somewhat. Also, it is written and illustrated by Kei, the original artist/designer for Miku herself.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Jamie64326
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Jamie64326 »

So I recently got back into watching anime this week. I got watching He Is My Master. I loved it! Tonight I'll probably get on to the next one, which is Strawberry Panic.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I plan to get Netflix working on my blu-ray (if possible) so when I do, I want to watch some new anime. Any suggestions?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I plan to get Netflix working on my blu-ray (if possible) so when I do, I want to watch some new anime. Any suggestions?
what'ya lookin' for?
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Anything with action. I really liked Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Fate/Zero, which were both on Netflix.
Quills on Wheels wrote:what'ya lookin' for?
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

I heard the animation for Dragon Ball Super is really piss-poor.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I've heard that too. Kind of a shame. :/ But it has been a long time since DBGT was released, so the original animators my have been long gone by this point.
TheChaosBlue wrote:I heard the animation for Dragon Ball Super is really piss-poor.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:I've heard that too. Kind of a shame. :/ But it has been a long time since DBGT was released, so the original animators my have been long gone by this point.
Says a lot (or it doesn't, whatever) that the one DB anime series that a number of the fanbase didn't wanna confirm to canon is the better looking one.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I'm a rare one. I actually liked DBGT. Especially SSJ4 fused. There is a theory about SSJ4 fused Gogeta is actually a SSJGod. This is because Goku took the energy of 4 saiyans right before fusing with Vegeta, who was also a saiyan. It makes sense too since SSJ4 fused Gogeta's hair was red and all :) Just a theory. But yeah, it's a shame about the graphics.
TheChaosBlue wrote:Says a lot (or it doesn't, whatever) that the one DB anime series that a number of the fanbase didn't wanna confirm to canon is the better looking one.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Toei have always been a by the numbers low quality anime creator, DBZ itself was not exactly a looker. Not seen Super yet though since I'm waiting on the dub, but it seems episode 4 is the only one people are having a problem with? Not that surprised though, even Battle of Gods looked not great and Toei usually put some effort into their movies.

edit: also I guess all the new DBZ stuff (Battle of Gods, Resurrection of F and Super) basically shit on GT by introducing stuff like new important characters, god saiyan and super god super saiyan super or whatever the fuck they added in F.