Anime & Manga Discussion

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

To those who have seen it, opinions on Michiko and Hatchin and Akame Ga Kill? Seen lots of divide with the latter, especially in its anime/manga differences.
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

I've heard from a friend on FB that Akame ga Kill is really good. I haven't seen it yet but plan to.
Twinny wrote:To those who have seen it, opinions on Michiko and Hatchin and Akame Ga Kill? Seen lots of divide with the latter, especially in its anime/manga differences.
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

For my birthday, Mena bought me the current Berserk sets that Manga/Kaze have released in the UK, so I'm looking forward to watching those at some point.

I am, however, STILL waiting on Manga to release Vols. IX and X of Hellsing Ultimate. No rush...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Reknoc wrote:It's hard to say because One Piece has gotten really unfocused recently, Dressrosa is pretty much wrapping up though, just the half of the crew that was there escaping, and some pre-arc setup stuff with Kaidou and the other half of the crew with Ceaser.
I heard the whole Dressrosa arc has been really pulling its legs through; felt like it's been going on for a while. I am interested in how the crew meets up with Big Mom. (Seriously The Four Emperor/Seven Warlords thing...hope there's more substance to that at some point. Like, the hell's going on with Hancock anyway)
Reknoc wrote:I wouldn't recommend that. I'm a huge One Piece fan, but the anime is pretty terrible, even at its best there's a bunch of terrible filler and then the whole thing gets pretty much unbearable after a certain arc as they suddenly decide 1:1 episodes are a good idea (protip: adapting 1 19 page chapter into a 1 25min episode is not a good idea). Read the manga, watch the movies honestly. There are some good stuff in the tv anime but... not nearly enough to warrant the time it takes to watch that shit.
Second that; it's much easier and more sane to read the manga if you so choose. I cannot go back to much of the East Blue in the anime at all. Personally I love the anime Water Seven/CP9 arcs though.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

Has anyone else seen DBZ: Resurrection F? I did and it's AMAZING!
There can be only one Sonic! Metal Sonic is the real Sonic! Long live Metal Sonic!
Metal Sonic is the best! Death to all who oppose Metal Sonic! Metal Sonic rocks!

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Alpha Dog 1996 wrote:Has anyone else seen DBZ: Resurrection F? I did and it's AMAZING!
No. But I wanted to. I was working the closing shift every day it was shown at the theater here.
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

It's SUCH an amazing movie! But don't worry! It's due to be released October 10th this year
TheChaosBlue wrote:No. But I wanted to. I was working the closing shift every day it was shown at the theater here.

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:I heard the whole Dressrosa arc has been really pulling its legs through; felt like it's been going on for a while. I am interested in how the crew meets up with Big Mom. (Seriously The Four Emperor/Seven Warlords thing...hope there's more substance to that at some point. Like, the hell's going on with Hancock anyway)
Well Kaidou is on the scene and he wants to start a big war. I imagine the straw hats will end up teaming up with Big Mom since I'm convinced that she's Lola's mother from so at the very least they have an "in". Warlords are pretty much done at this point though, Dolfy was the last one that posed any real threat to the crew. Only ones that might have significant screen time is Buggy just because he's Buggy and Kuma if there's a Vegapunk arc. Although if Kaidou's war happens they'll probably be involved with that.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I heard the Attack on Titan movie was shit. Anyone seen it themselves?
Alpha Dog 1996
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Alpha Dog 1996 »

No but I want to. I'm not like most people. I normally don't mind live action
Quills on Wheels wrote:I heard the Attack on Titan movie was shit. Anyone seen it themselves?