What Are You Playing Now?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Got back into Final Fantasy XIV so r.i.p any progress on any other game. Except handhelds since I can play them while queuing for stuff.

Like the Gilgamesh fight which took over an hours and a half to eventually pop though that was like the perfect storm of

DPS wait times + old ass content that most people have done and that offers no real reward for doing again (though it is in the trials duty roulette but that doesn't matter because: ) + everyone is just doing hunts instead
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Got back into Final Fantasy XIV so r.i.p any progress on any other game. Except handhelds since I can play them while queuing for stuff.

Like the Gilgamesh fight which took over an hours and a half to eventually pop though that was like the perfect storm of

DPS wait times + old ass content that most people have done and that offers no real reward for doing again (though it is in the trials duty roulette but that doesn't matter because: ) + everyone is just doing hunts instead
Switch to Tank, buddy. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for anything.

Also, a good FC helps.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Switch to Tank, buddy. Never had to wait more than 5 minutes for anything.

Also, a good FC helps.
Yea but then I have to do actual work during fights.

I have a good FC, I just don't feel like wasting their time on ancient content when DF will suffice.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Still slowly hacking my way through Silent Hill 2. Up to the Historical Society now, the bit where you jump down the hole and have to smash the bricks away to find a door. Anyone know how far through the game this is?
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Killer French Bread wrote:Still slowly hacking my way through Silent Hill 2. Up to the Historical Society now, the bit where you jump down the hole and have to smash the bricks away to find a door. Anyone know how far through the game this is?
Been a while since I played it, but I think that's probably around the second to last big area.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

That's good to hear, it's getting me down a bit now with the constant gloom and strange noises. Doesn't help I'm playing it at 2-3 am, but the heat is so bad I can't sleep so I'm trying to crack on with this instead of lying there.

I've made it past the labyrinth part today which was the bit that got me stuck years back. The puzzle with the rotating head specifically which I found really easy this time. I didn't realise I'd made it so far the first time I'd played it, the game is not actually that long then. Gotta keep going and find out where this Mary is hiding.
Tic Tac, sir?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Somehow ended up playing Borderlands again. Playing through the final set of DLC: Stuck on the final boss now...
Chukapi
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Chukapi »

When I'm not hoarding hours on TF2 (it always lures me back in just when I think I've had my fill...) I'm trying to play through Thief (2014). I feel like an arse playing it because I always hear that the originals are better and that the fans of the originals are disgruntled with the new reboot (much like the mixed reaction to the newest Tomb Raider), but I'm enjoying the atmospheric, gloomy city and fantastic particle effects. It's a great stealth experience so far - too many stealth games have the alternative of just eventually giving up and killing everything, but sneaking around in Thief feels much more rewarding than just battering everyone.

Anyone recommend I visit the originals after I'm done with the 2014 version?
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Beat Silent hill 2. I dunno how to post spoiler tags, so without giving anything away, I got the water ending.
Tic Tac, sir?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Killer French Bread wrote:Beat Silent hill 2. I dunno how to post spoiler tags, so without giving anything away, I got the water ending.
you should check out the dog ending

Chukapi wrote:
Anyone recommend I visit the originals after I'm done with the 2014 version?[/quote]

Yes, Thief 2 still remains the pinnacle of stealth games.