Sonic Colours

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Gavvie wrote:IGN have previewed the multiplayer of Sonic Colours. Turns out the Sonics are indeed robots. I called it ^_^

I can't find the preview itself though, so if somebody else finds it, feel free to link.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/111/1117813p1.html
Here you go :) No pictures they just talk about it.

I still find the robots weird(They don't even look like robots), it would have been nice with Sonic and Tails.
Tails could help Sonic out by flying him over a wall, or reaching a switch to open a new path that Sonic can't reach.

Oh well, im glad they added multiplayer because the MAIN problem i think Sonic games nowadays have is lack of content and since Sonic levels being so short it makes the developers come up with stupid gimmicks or something else to extend the time of the game. I would rather see content that still incorporates the Sonic levels which is what makes the game fun.

-Multiple pathways is great it makes us come back to find paths we haven't seen before.
It can also work with extra characters like Tails and Knuckles not with their own levels but playing the same Sonic levels but opening new paths that only they can access.
-Hidden Goodies is also great.
-Collectible items is fun but Sonic Unleashed made it a chore since you had to find those sun/moon coins to unlock a new level. In colors you hunt down red rings but it unlocks the multiplayer levels not the main ones so it doesn't break the pace of the Single Player.
-I hate the chao garden but for alot of Sonic fans it was a good reason to come back to Sonic Adventure 1-2
-Challenges is nice to. Like replaying a level without losing a life,beating it under a time limit or collecting a certain amount of rings. Its not fun if the game FORCES you to do these challenges.
ectectect.(Anything else?)

This game is shaping up nicely doing some of these things but its still not on my radar.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Just like multiplayer in Shadow the Hedgehog; The other Shadows are robots. But can we play as someone other than a robot Sonic that's a different color? Maybe Tails? I'd like to play as Tails in multiplayer.

Either way, the game looks great. I will certainly be buying this as soon as it comes out.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Some new Sonic Colors Info.

Alright lets start with Multiplayer. New Video showing off its stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkZn9fOkqDc

I still find the Level design odd.
Also whats weird is the Second player he looks like the spin dash or an orb thats following player one, and its HUD is darken out so i guess the second player can join or leave anytime he wants. Theirs a weird menu at 0:55 which is an arcade machine titled Doctor Eggman’s Sonic Simulator, looks veryy retro so im guessing coop is just a little minigame that Dr.Robotnik built?Is he that bored? I have know idea. Also LOOK its the bee badnik from the older sonic games, nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtTfZY3Qz5A
Here's a new video of Sweet Mountain zone. Here you can hear the music in the level with better quality, very upbeat and catchy (RadioSEGA crew better get the music when it comes out)

Also at 1:00 you can hear TAIL'S NEW VOICE. Sounds more boyish which is a very good thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za-7jT1-urw
New Tropical Resort Zone video with better quality music to.

What do ya guys think? And what do ya guys think of Tails new voice even though he only talks for a few seconds.

EDIT: Just replaced the old videos because they were removed. :)
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Today I was at GameCity, an Austrian gaming convention. I was able to play Sonic Colours there, and these are my impressions:
First of all, I only played 2 levels, so I didn't have a lot of chance to get an in-depth view. But from what I have seen, the game seems to become decent.

The looks of the game are pretty good. I have to admit that the stages are pretty overloaded at times, so it's hard to see stuff because there's just so much that could be something you can interact with, but eh.
The game switches between 2D sidescrolling and 3D style. The switching is fluent in most cases and neither of the 2 styles was specifically annoyingly dominating.
The color sprite powerups remind me a LOT of Mario Galaxy - there's like one where you transform into a rocket, fly up and then float through the air. Another one transforms you into a drill and you can dig through the earth.

The controls are okay. I haven't faced any real problem, and they definitely aren't unresponsive, but they're kinda wonky at times because the game speeds up so fast at times that it's hard to react properly. Not to mention Sonic's jump is like really slow. =P

Honestly, I still don't know what to think about Sonic Colours, but from what I have played, it seems to be promising and might be really good.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

New Sonic Colors/Colours trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzaNtwhi ... _embedded#!
SEGABits wrote:Yes, Sega have released yet another Sonic Colours trailer. This one focuses on the Hover and Rocket power ups. Boy does it look sweet!
What I see in Sonic Colours that I did not see in Sonic Unleasheds ‘day levels’ is more verity. Instead of just running though levels as fast as possibly, which is not what I enjoy or look for in a Sonic game at all. There is genuine platforming, little mini games, new paths to find and puzzles mid level. This makes the game far more interesting and something I hope becomes a staple of all new Sonic games.
This game is starting to look pretty good, still going to wait until i play it myself though :)
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

All of those videos have been removed from Youtube. Is there another place I can see them? I really want to hear Tails' new voice too.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

ShadowPhantom wrote:All of those videos have been removed from Youtube. Is there another place I can see them? I really want to hear Tails' new voice too.
Don't know, just look around youtube. I posted those links awhile back already im sorry :(
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

ShadowPhantom wrote:All of those videos have been removed from Youtube. Is there another place I can see them? I really want to hear Tails' new voice too.
Just found it, i edited the post above to replace the old videos, hopefully it will work :)
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Um, I think the voice at 1:00 in the second video might actually be Yacker's voice. Although according to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLysUSk- ... 1&index=70 (look at 1:07) Tails translates for Yacker, so it might be Tails' voice. Oh, and the music is pretty cool.

Btw, the first and third videos got removed again.

EDIT:Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5wEOfcL ... re=related Apparently it was released by someone at SEGA. It's Roger Craig Smith trying to sound like Sonic. Then again, these are old, so hopefully he sounds different in Colors.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

ShadowPhantom wrote:Um, I think the voice at 1:00 in the second video might actually be Yacker's voice. The music is pretty cool.

Btw, the first and third videos got removed again.
Damn youtube....
and the voice, i was just saying what SonicStadium said when the video was released. Could be, or maybe SS was wrong who knows. Guess we just have to wait for the game to come out and see.