Hidden tv gems

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Matty wrote:Your from the US right?

Didnt the horrendous US pilot put you off? i saw it after seeing the 1st few series & i cringed at it, kudos to you for trying the proper version :D
Yeah, the US pilot sucked crap! My dad has the proper series. That's what I watched. God I love that show.

My mom is addicted to Farscape, so I know a lot about it. To refresh your memory, the main guy gets sucked through a wormhole while on a mission for NASA. He ends up on an alien ship. That's how the series starts. I highly reccommend watching it.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

If anyones got Sky im pretty certain they've recently started showin Farscape again on syfi. I saw it the other week on anytime. Great show.

EDIT: My mistake it's showin on FX at the mo.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

None of these seem particulary hidden? Farscape maybe, but Red Dwarf was pretty popular in its time and Firefly has it's cult following.

Zexx on the other hand was fucking crazy, I dunno if anyones watched it, it used to be on Five. Was about some crew of this ship which is like a giant spaceship bug. It was kinda cool.

Also MTV classic 'toons like The Head and The Maxx.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

I've got to say Battle Star Galactica is an absolute gem. The story is brilliant and unlike other American shows it actually ends! (i'm looking at you lost) for anyone who hasn't seen it, please do! For anyone who has seen it Fracking watch it again!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

richarddavies wrote:Have you recently stumbled upon a programme you haven't seen before but think is awesome? Any hidden gems that noone else you know watches? We'll post them on here and share what you like about them.

I recently thought i'd give Dexter a watch. I heard it was good but have only just got round to watching it. It's about a blood splatter analyst/forensics guy for the Miami metro police depatment that moonlights as a serial killer. I've watched all 4 series in about 3 weeks. Im love it like vodka shots and jelly tots.
Dexter is quite possibly the best thing on telly for years. It's well directed, intelligently written, just really, really well done. And S4 is, to boot, the best!

Don't read the books though, for God's sake.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

15 Storeys is a good comedy if you like stuff like Alan Partridge and that. Here's an episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8TkMHu0gGg
Tic Tac, sir?
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

The Captain wrote:Don't read the books though, for God's sake.
Mena's a huge Dexter fan, so I bought her the first two Seasons on DVD for her birthday.

What's wrong with the books though?
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Gavvie wrote:Mena's a huge Dexter fan, so I bought her the first two Seasons on DVD for her birthday.

What's wrong with the books though?

MASSIVE BOOK SPOILER V

Only season one follows a book; the first one, which is by far the best one. Very grounded in reality. Luckily, it doesn't follow the others, where it is revealed that Dexter's fascination with killing is caused by his being possessed by an ANCIENT MAGICAL BEING and once it leaves he becomes a massive wimp, and Cody and Astor, killers in training, save him from a MYSTICAL CULT.

:ohmy:
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Has anyone seen the new series of Sherlock Holmes? It's a modern day adaptation, written by Stephen Moffat, who produced the new series of Doctor Who.

It's actually pretty good and I found it entertaining.
Adam Novagen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Adam Novagen »

Wakfu is my current addiction. French cartoon, very Japanese-ish anime-ish styling, LOTS AND LOTS of fun. There are some fansubbed AVIs and MP4s on Megaupload somewhere, if anyone's interested I'll post links to the 26 I've received so far.