Sonic fans are starting to annoy me

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Kaito - I think everybody's entitled to their own opinions. Half of the problem in the Sonic community is that everybody's always singing to the tune of "I'm right and you're not".

We have the potential here to have a very good discussion based on this, so the last thing anybody should be doing is saying "You're not allowed to say what your opinion is because..."
My apologies;I didn't mean it to sound like that: I just don't see the logic in making such a strong opinion based on hearsay and no first hand experience.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

With regards to Sonic 4 though, that's all we can do at the moment.

Besides, that particular opinion is based on the developer's prior experience with Sonic games, coupled with how the game looks at this present moment in time. Personally, I quite liked the Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush games, so the fact that Dimps are involved in Sonic 4 doesn't bother me, but it does bother others.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:We should be thankful sonic is still having games made for him. Sonic Team/Sega could of easily said 'The hell with this' and stopped making sonic games just like that with all the bad rep the last few sonic games got.
I should be thankful someone kicks me in the dick once a year because that is exactly what a new Sonic game is like. Fans are whiney bitchs at the best of times, I should know I am a fan of a few things. But maybe SEGA should have said the hell with this and stopped making Sonic games.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

SEGA said they were working on the pshyics in an interview. Or was that the speed mechanics? I cant really remember :S
Reknoc wrote:I should be thankful someone kicks me in the dick once a year because that is exactly what a new Sonic game is like. Fans are whiney bitchs at the best of times, I should know I am a fan of a few things. But maybe SEGA should have said the hell with this and stopped making Sonic games.
If sega did that. There would be whineing about SEGA letting the sonic franchise die. There would probblay be pentions to bring him back in to gaming aswell.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

So what? Franchises die all the time, much to the dismay of their fans, some of them alot less deserving than Sonic.

Of course I have been pretty heavy on Sonic 4, from what I've seen and the franchises history being anything but skeptical seems stupid. Of course maybe they are fixing it, it was an alpha build so they had better be, and maybe at some point Dimps realised that maybe a straight line with automatic springs and boostpads isn't good level design so maybe it'll at least be somewhere around mediocre.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:So what? Franchises die all the time, much to the dismay of their fans, some of them alot less deserving than Sonic.
That's true, even looking at SEGA alone, where's Shenmue 3? Or a new Jet Set Radio? That's not to mention other franchises killed off by other companies.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Or franchises by other companies killed off by SEGA! Like Alpha Protocal which say what you will alot of the problems weren't helped by SEGA delaying it without adding development time and by totally forgetting to advertise it when they published it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Or franchises by other companies killed off by SEGA! Like Alpha Protocal which say what you will alot of the problems weren't helped by SEGA delaying it without adding development time and by totally forgetting to advertise it when they published it.
That's actually a fair point; I still have no idea what that game is about. Then again, SEGA hardly seem to advertise anything these days.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:That's actually a fair point; I still have no idea what that game is about. Then again, SEGA hardly seem to advertise anything these days.
SEGA are awful publishers that get great games. Bayonetta, Infinite Space, Resonant of End of Eternty of Fate, are some pretty cool games sent out to die thanks stupid delays and surprise releases with zero advertising.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Bayonetta T_T

that game was awesome to play on 360
shame they couldnt do a good job porting it to ps3 eugh

anyway back on topic nao it a sonic fans thread & not a sega