Sonic fans are starting to annoy me

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Well it's something of a sign of the times. Originally Sonic was more like a mischevious cartoon character like Bugs Bunny or Felix, then starting from the dreamcast he was filled with more 'tude that just made him seem like a completey unlikable prick.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

I get annoyed with people complaining about his design too, and the biggest one of all are people who complain that Dr Eggman should be renamed to Dr Robotnik. This stuff does not affect gameplay! Having a 'better designed' Sonic and returning back to Dr Robotnik will not 'magically' fix everything that is wrong with the Sonic series, geez.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

It won't fix the games but it'll make them a bit more easy on the eye. Sonic has looked like a royal prick ever since his redesign for the first adventure game. Imo, Robotnick is a brilliant name & way better than eggman, though I heard that he was always named eggman in Japan...so chances of that changing are slim :P

At least we'll always have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWq87H7XYYM
Rev-On V5.0
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Rev-On V5.0 »

I love the stupidity some of the fans have shown since the teaser for Sonic the Hedgehog 4; it makes for great entertainment. I mean a protest of Sonic 4 by buying Sonic 2? ROFL

Keep it coming.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:I get annoyed with people complaining about his design too, and the biggest one of all are people who complain that Dr Eggman should be renamed to Dr Robotnik. This stuff does not affect gameplay! Having a 'better designed' Sonic and returning back to Dr Robotnik will not 'magically' fix everything that is wrong with the Sonic series, geez.
To be fair, officially he still is called Robotnik; he just uses Eggman as an pseudonym.
Rayne wrote: At least we'll always have this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWq87H7XYYM
...What the fuck?!
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:...What the fuck?!
Dude, you just lost all sonic respect points XD
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

If you would've posted the intro of Sonic SatAM, it would've been understandable.
If you would've posted the intro of The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, it would've been cheesy but nostalgic.
But Sonic Underground, seriously?
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Awe come on, Underground had it's charms! That intro theme is pretty epic, you always got a nice song about friends, brief glimpse of the mother and chillie dogs with each episode too.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

SatAM was no better than Underground.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I like that opening...-hides-