New Sonic Voice Actors

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

ShadowPhantom wrote:If you want to hear more of Roger as Sonic, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pVHJeIUWOI

That'll give you more to go on than the DS demo. You can't do voices very well on the DS.
Am i the only person who thought the voice acting was bad (Worst voice acting ive heard in a sonic game actually)? I mean sonic isnt exactly well known for its voice acting...But oh well. The game still sounds promising.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gonic wrote:Am i the only person who thought the voice acting was bad (Worst voice acting ive heard in a sonic game actually)? I mean sonic isnt exactly well known for its voice acting...But oh well. The game still sounds promising.
It's fucking appaling but it's Disney's Ghibli level compared to the old Sonic stuff.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

After hearing that. Sonic should NEVER talk. And i can see it now. Groups being formed to get Griffith back as sonic's voice. After all you cant please sonic fans for shit.

Edit: This guy did the voice for Chris Redfiled and Ezio? so he can do MUCH better then that.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I read that as Griffiths and wondered what sort of weird Berserk crossover people want.
Gonic wrote:Edit: This guy did the voice for Chris Redfiled and Ezio? so he can do MUCH better then that.
Of course he can. There's just no way he was gonna put as much effort in Sonic as he did Ezio. Hell just look at that cutscene I would have walked out the booth as soon as Sonic looked at the "camera" and talked to the audience.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I don't know about you guys but I loved that cutsceen. I don't mind what voice Sonic has, both Sonic and Tails sounded good enough to play the game. Yeah, they old voice of Sonic wouldn't have hurt eader but this wasn't bad.

But, Something else really disturbes me. Take a look at this and have attention to sonic's voice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iADRc4n0 ... r_embedded
He just doesn't sound right...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

So you say you dont mind what voice sonic has? Yet you complain bout what he sounds like in that trailer. You contrdictef yourself :/ You know just because your a sonic fan, it doesnt mean you have to love EVERYTHING about the game. I've been a fan since 1991 and there are a few things i dont like about the series
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Who said I like everything? As I said, I didn't mind the voice acting in that Cutsceen but something in that Sonic Free Riders Trailer Doesn't sound right. His voice isn't right in that game.
I still don't get you. Yeah, I like most things of Sonic but who said I like Everything? I don't remeber saying that.
For excample, I don't like the episodic thing in Sonic 4 or I dont like that Voice of Sonic in Sonic Free Riders. Sure maybe I like some sonic games that others don't like, like Sonic and the black knight or Shadow the Hedgehog. Still, I never said I like everything. Where did you even hear that?!
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Gonic wasn't saying that. He was saying that you said you don't mind the voice acting but then you complain about it. I'm with him. You contradicted yourself.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

except that he's complaining about the VA in two different games. I don't see anything wrong with the Sonic Free Riders one... well except for the game and retarded control scheme.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

You know, lets just forget about all I said... I just tried to say my opinion but it seems it ended up in the wrong way...