Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Nintendo do franchises properly and keep them fun, they also make an effort in publishing other people's games. I guess they could just make the same Yakuza game constantly while letting interesting franchises die by being fucking awful publishers.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

First of all: I expected the new versions to be called Paper and Plastic, but Black and White will do.

Secondly: While the base formula for many franchises stays the same, and many of them succeed in bringing new elements to the table that make the sequels more interesting. Not all of them, of course, but quite a few. I actually never found a Mario game that was specifically boring me, also Castlevania or Megaman. Same goes for say genres that are even harder to make different from its prequels, like F-Zero.
If you try to make (almost) every sequel different from the prequel, you'll get something like Star Fox or Sonic, and we all know what these series turned out to be... =/
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

True, more of the same is not always a bad thing.
ImageImage
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

New Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqcVf4Da ... r_embedded

I was with it until the announcer chap said "Pokémon Musical!!!" and if those are the baddies this time around at 0:40 in there is no way in hell I could take them seriously; they look like a cross between crusaders and nuns! I want it though...It's a new Pokémon! (And that online social game thing looks strange, but interesting)
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Because obviously Team Aqua, Galaxy & Spandex were the most threatening characters to ever appear in an RPG
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Rayne wrote:Because obviously Team Aqua, Galaxy & Spandex were the most threatening characters to ever appear in an RPG
They weren't that bad really; Team Rocket looked quite serious, Team Aqua looked like pirates, Magma were hoodies and Galactic...Well, they were a bit like sci-fi villain clichés. I'll give you Team Galactic.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:They weren't that bad really; Team Rocket looked quite serious, Team Aqua looked like pirates, Magma were hoodies and Galactic...Well, they were a bit like sci-fi villain clichés. I'll give you Team Galactic.
Rocket were proper evil, cutting slow poke tails and slaving pokemon. Magma were pretty kick-ass, aqua...not so much, imo.

Anyway, Pokemon was never really famous for it's gripping story ^__^"
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

The new team looks bloody stupid...why do they have to a new bad guy team for every pokemon game? Lol. Other then that this game is looking quite interesting :)
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Team Galactic was in-fucking-sane.

I guess it took Pokemon a while but they finally went with the "religion is evil" JRPG trope.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

LOL, evil nuns, i like

but wtf have they done to poor suicine 1:30 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbivSfeyjw