Pokémon

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Reknoc wrote:uh what? You don't need to remember 386 stengths/weaknesses unless I've missed a few hundred Pokemon games and there's that many types.

386 Pokemon i meant, also for HG/SS they've fucked gyrados up, he used to be dragon/water now its water/flying :@
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matty wrote:386 Pokemon i meant, also for HG/SS they've fucked gyrados up, he used to be dragon/water now its water/flying :@
But you don't need to memorise Pokemon, nearly all of them are dead obvious what they're strong/weak agains't just by looking at them and everything is noted down for you in the pokedex anyway. It's not Shin Megami Tensei where you need to have excel open to even hope to exploit weaknesses.
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Reknoc wrote:But you don't need to memorise Pokemon, nearly all of them are dead obvious what they're strong/weak agains't just by looking at them and everything is noted down for you in the pokedex anyway. It's not Shin Megami Tensei where you need to have excel open to even hope to exploit weaknesses.
LOL @ the SMT ref, must play some of the DDS games, theres some SMT games on DS so might give those a whirl

and you cant open the pokedex in battle, but in Persona you can scan the enemy so there is an advantadge
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Matty wrote:LOL @ the SMT ref, must play some of the DDS games, theres some SMT games on DS so might give those a whirl

and you cant open the pokedex in battle, but in Persona you can scan the enemy so there is an advantadge
But in Persona the Shadows have no obvious tells as to what they're weak against, it's pretty much a game of chance and wasted SP until you do finally find out.

Edit: Unless they're weak against light or dark then you'll never know.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Matty wrote:386 Pokemon i meant, also for HG/SS they've fucked gyrados up, he used to be dragon/water now its water/flying :@
Um...Wasn't he always Water/Flying? Yes it knows a few Dragon moves, but I'm sure it's always been water/flying.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Yup always Water/Flying, without that X4 electric weakness he'd be a nightmare!
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

So the game's out in Japan now; has anyone thought of importing it? I'm curious as to how it plays compared to the last five generations. (If there are any real differences or not really)
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

I don't need a black and white Pokémon game, I played the Game Boy versions...
coolman2424
Level 3
Level 3

Post by coolman2424 »

ill get white if i have the $$$ for it but cos im geting sonic colours i dont think i well
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\move\art\Nrestsew2b.jpg
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

coolman2424 wrote:ill get white if i have the $$$ for it but cos im geting sonic colours i dont think i well
Isn't there at least a 4 month gap between the two? Colours is out before Christmas and Pokémon due out in the spring(/Autumn for you)?