Street Fighter (Series)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

There's some more screenshots of Street fighter IV for the 3DS. Im quite impressed with how faithful to the original it looks.
http://kotaku.com/5599294/super-street- ... e/gallery/
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

There's a rumour going around that the two new characters for the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV are Alex and Relento. However, the only "evidence" for these rumours so far appears to be what appears to be two fanmade looking wallpapers using stock images of the characters from their previous appearances in the series. (Rolento's character art from Alpha 3, Alex's from Tatsunoko vs Capcom, etc.) Take with a mountain of salt right now.
INeedFruit
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by INeedFruit »

Kaito-kun wrote:Yes, I play it sometimes. On the subject of the soundtrack though...THEY KILLED VEGA'S EPIC THEME!!!! >_<
lol I know! Vega's theme for me was a massive let down. I love most of the tracks on it though, T.Hawks music is amazing along with Fei's.

I think we should have a little Radio Sega Endless battle at some point! I'm not a great player but playing street fighter with people that don't call you a 'fag' ever other second might be quite nice.
Host of ClubSEGA - A show about the arcade scene and SEGA arcade games.
Wednesday at 8pm UK/WET - 9pm CEST- 3pm EST - 12pm PST
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Kaito-kun wrote:There's a confirmed fact going around that the two new characters for the arcade version of Super Street Fighter IV are Alex and Relento. However, the only "evidence" for these rumours so far appears to be what appears to be two fanmade looking wallpapers using stock images of the characters from their previous appearances in the series. (Rolento's character art from Alpha 3, Alex's from Tatsunoko vs Capcom, etc.) Take with a mountain of salt right now.
I can't remember the last time a rumour actually turned out to be untrue. Capcom's about as good as keeping it's data safe as our government.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

i need fruit wrote:I think we should have a little Radio Sega Endless battle at some point! I'm not a great player but playing street fighter with people that don't call you a 'fag' ever other second might be quite nice.
I think an organised tourney would be more fun.
Rayne wrote:I can't remember the last time a rumour actually turned out to be untrue. Capcom's about as good as keeping it's data safe as our government.
They do have a bit of a record, although they've dismissed the Marvel vs Capcom 3 rumour character list as "inaccurate"
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Well we'll never know that, will we? ;) The game has a lot of development time left, plenty enough to replace characters, etc.

Tbh I'm glad that list wasn't true though, it didn't get me too hyped for it.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

The rumor mill is starting again with the arcade version of Super SFIV. Capcom have teased a pic which suggests Yun and Yang from Street fighter III will be joining the roster.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... fiv-arcade
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

richarddavies wrote:The rumor mill is starting again with the arcade version of Super SFIV. Capcom have teased a pic which suggests Yun and Yang from Street fighter III will be joining the roster.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... fiv-arcade
The current rumour is that 6 new characters are set to appear in the arcade version; Yun & Yang wouldn't have been my first choice to take two of those slots though.

R.Mika, Alex, Q and Rolento would be interesting.

Or maybe Birdie and Eagle.

Sodom might be fun too.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

^All of those I'd like to see. I sometimes wish they'd do a Street fighter version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat where they just put all the characters in one game just for the hell of it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

An update on the arcade release of Super Street Fighter IV.

Yun & Yang have cropped up again, complete with grainy video footage of one of the twins being played at what I'd describe as the arcade version of a beta test in Osaka.

Edit 18/9/2010:Yup, some decent footage of them from TGS. If they were characters I cared about I'd be hoping for DLC.