Street Fighter (Series)

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:DLC characters:

Street Fighter:
Guy
Cody
Blanka
Sakura
Dudley
Elena

Tekken:
Bryan Fury
Lars Alexanderson
Alisa Boskonovitch

Lei Wulong
Jack-X
Christie Montiero
Yaaaaaay. Hopefully the pricing and release methods aren't redicu- Dammit, it's Capcom...
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Plus in here: The Vita version will contain all those characters when it's released this fall.

So miiiiiiiiiight wait until then, if I ever get a Vita.
I live here now!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I didn't think I could hate Blanka more. I guess Ono proved me wrong! First I thought I was safe from Blanka, then I find out I'm not, and he costs money, plus you'll probably have to buy him to get Sakura! Christ I hate Blanka.

On a happier note, the arcade endings have been leaked and put on youtube, including the unfinished ones for DLC characters found on the disc. Some of them are quite funny and even brilliant, such as Pacman's.

Shadid wrote:Plus in here: The Vita version will contain all those characters when it's released this fall.

So miiiiiiiiiight wait until then, if I ever get a Vita.
Seems a bit pointless to me to wait for the Vita version. It doesn't come out until, like, May? By the time it's out SFxT on consoles will likely be cheap enough to offset the DLC price. The online community may or may not exist. Pad only, no option to use superior control method.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:I didn't think I could hate Blanka more. I guess Ono proved me wrong! First I thought I was safe from Blanka, then I find out I'm not, and he costs money, plus you'll probably have to buy him to get Sakura! Christ I hate Blanka.
Why the Blanka hate? I've always been fairly indifferent to him.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Kaito-kun wrote:Yaaaaaay. Hopefully the pricing and release methods aren't redicu- Dammit, it's Capcom...
Pack of all 12 for 1600 MSP, I'm hearing. Will be the equivalent of around £15, if I've got my MSP to Pounds converter head on right.

It's a stupidly high price, and for that reason alone I'm probably just going to save time and effort and get the Vita version.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Gavvie wrote:Pack of all 12 for 1600 MSP, I'm hearing. Will be the equivalent of around £15, if I've got my MSP to Pounds converter head on right.
Hmmm, roughly £15, eh? Well, I've paid stupider amounts for similar DLC before. I remember BlazBlue: Continuum Shift's £5 for one character situation. What's worse is that I've only ever played BB:CS once.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Gavvie wrote:Pack of all 12 for 1600 MSP, I'm hearing. Will be the equivalent of around £15, if I've got my MSP to Pounds converter head on right.

It's a stupidly high price, and for that reason alone I'm probably just going to save time and effort and get the Vita version.
£15 for 12 extra characters isn't that bad at all.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Guys! Guys! Ultra Street Fighter IV is a thing!

[youtube]wdEH4Jy0TWY[/youtube]
Out next June. Available as a retail bundle or a DLC set (that will also include the Arcade Edition DLC). New content includes 5 new characters: Rolento, Poison, Elena, Hugo, and one mystery character that isn't yet confirmed - but according to Ono-san it's a girl and she hasn't appeared in a fighting game before. New stages (lifted directly from SF x TK) are to be added, along with rebalancing, new modes: Online Training, and Elimination (think King of Fighters matches, 3 v 3, little bit of health regained between bouts) and new gameplay tweaks such as "Red Focus attacks" (guard can't be broken, but a lot weaker) and the ability to use both of your ultra combos in a round (although they'll be weaker).

I'll probably pick this up. I ignored the Arcade Edition DLC so it'll be even better value for me. Plus, Poison~
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Mystery character for Ultra SFIV revealed:

[youtube]w4QlubxGjNU[/youtube]

One of the dolls. The one that looks like Cammy with a mask. Charge character. We can pretty much stop caring about her now then.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Even though Cammy is the best, I'm still rather underwhelmed by Decapre's design. but man does this make her look fun

[youtube]XfsKVOuEyow[/youtube]