So what do you drink?

What it says on the tin...
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I prefer beer (Tuborg or Budweiser) alternatively milk :)
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Frenchy: I said non-smokers, not occasional ones. See Ed Byrne's bit on it. :P

Gonic: Sound's like Bacardi and Coke is what you need. Or even better, Morgan's Spiced and Coke. Mmm.
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

soco and lemonade
pear koperberg
a mix of koperberg, wkd blue, west coast cooler and smirnoff ice (accident but nice)
ANY SHOT
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

You got a link to that Ed Byrne sketch?
Tic Tac, sir?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Killer French Bread wrote:What!? That's a bit like saying,"yeah I'll travel the world me, I just don't go anywhere near a car, a plane or my front door."
More like "yea I'll travel the world, I just don't go to plant my ass on a beach for 2 weeks like almost everybody else does."

;)
Anyway, why are some of you guys tee-total? I don't understand why people make that deliberate social statement when there is such a big drinking culture. Even if you don't like the effects, isn't it possible to just have one or two so you go with the flow, then stick to the panda pops after that?
I have several reasons - not only the effects of the consumption. Another one is that I dislike the taste of pretty much every alcoholic beverage (despite my Russian roots, ironically - hooray nationality stereotypes), neither do I like the smell; and several traumatising things in the past have happened to me, where alcohol played a big, if not the primary role.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Killer French Bread wrote: Anyway, why are some of you guys tee-total? I don't understand why people make that deliberate social statement when there is such a big drinking culture. Even if you don't like the effects, isn't it possible to just have one or two so you go with the flow, then stick to the panda pops after that?
Sherlock wrote: I have several reasons - not only the effects of the consumption. Another one is that I dislike the taste of pretty much every alcoholic beverage
This. Also, I know how to have fun without getting pissed (Something many folks these days seem unable to do) and I'm already overweight and not very active; why should I add another thing vice that will shorten my life? (That one's also a reason why I don't smoke)
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

You don't have to get rat arsed on hooch, just have half a mild or something. This is what I'm talking about, it seems like you've made it into a big deal when it is just having a drink - one drink.
Tic Tac, sir?
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I don't have a complex of phobia of alcohol, I've honestly just never had the urge to try it. Maybe one day I'll impulse grab something from Tesco but I figure if I don't have that urge there's no point in trying.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Killer French Bread wrote:just have half a mild or something.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

One step at a time innit, you can't jump straight into a white wine spritzer if you've never drunk before.
Tic Tac, sir?