The TV Thread

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
kadosho
Level 9
Level 9

Post by kadosho »

Been catching up with White Collar, four seasons!? Wow times flys by. Awesome show, especially for those who love "Catch Me If You Can".
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

These bafta game awards... D:
Matty
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Matty »

Reluctantly saw some of the Takeshi's Castle rebooted last Friday & it was bad, if not worse than I'd imagined!

The running commentary is poor & bears no context nor does it fit with the situation, and even go as far as insulting some of the contestants.

EG: The contestants go into a door to go in some cable cart down a hill, before they went in the contestants were saying something, and what did D&D think would be funny to say over? "Oh she said chicken chow mein" "Pasta sauce" Really???? What the hell has that got to do with the situation.

And the worst thing about it all, they keep refering to the General as General Ta-lee & not General Lee who we all know & love :( (yes his real name is Ta-lee but thats not the point).
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Matty wrote:Reluctantly saw some of the Takeshi's Castle rebooted last Friday & it was bad, if not worse than I'd imagined!

The running commentary is poor & bears no context nor does it fit with the situation, and even go as far as insulting some of the contestants.

EG: The contestants go into a door to go in some cable cart down a hill, before they went in the contestants were saying something, and what did D&D think would be funny to say over? "Oh she said chicken chow mein" "Pasta sauce" Really???? What the hell has that got to do with the situation.

And the worst thing about it all, they keep refering to the General as General Ta-lee & not General Lee who we all know & love :( (yes his real name is Ta-lee but thats not the point).
...I'm curious to see an episode of this.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

I'm now watching Rebooted for the first time.
Why on earth are the games being rushed through so much?
At the start of the show it's stated "you'll see previously un-aired footage cut from the UK edit", yet all I notice is them trying to cram more games into the 30 minute slot.
As Matty said, the commentary really doesn't fit in and their attempts at humour seem to still be at CBBC standards.
Also what's the point of letting us hear some of the Japanese commentary if they're just to say "exactly" after it?
The only thing making this watch-able is seeing the injuries that haven't been aired here before.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

While I was channel flicking Holby City came on. I think I am now in love with one of the actresses...
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:While I was channel flicking Holby City came on. I think I am now in love with one of the actresses...
I'm loosing respect for you now.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I'm loosing respect for you now.
Hey, I didn't actually watch it; I just saw a pretty Chinese/British lady while channel flicking.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Hey, I didn't actually watch it; I just saw a pretty Chinese/British lady while channel flicking.
mmm I hope that's just it.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:mmm I hope that's just it.
Her name was Jing Lusi...