The TV Thread

TV, Movies, Music, Books and all that other entertainment type stuff...
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

I don't watch much TV at all, especially because I still haven't replaced my lightning struck one. If I want to watch a TV show I'll normally stream it somewhere or download the series. Having that said though there are surprisingly a fair amount of things I like. Just to name a few: Mythbusters, Human Weapon, Brainiac, Fight Science, Pawn Stars, The Office.. I also like the different MMA organizations like Strikeforce and the WEC, but I only really follow the fighters that I'm a fan of, which of course I usually can find online.

As far as cartoons go, (this is just my opinion guys, no need to argue) screw the new cartoons. That includes Naruto and Bleach...bleh. I am a fan of Hellsing though and I've been meaning to check out Fist Of The North Star for years now. xD
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The real answer to why Kenshiro gets so high pitched is because he was inspired by Bruce Lee.
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

crippenstation wrote:If I'm bored, I'll watch The Garfield Show. On Fridays I'll watch Andy Griffith, Home Improvement, Garfield & Friends, and either Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog or Sonic SatAM. All on DVD.

Do you live in 1992 or something?

Can I join you?
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

I watch Eggheads occasionally when I'm having my tea and can't be arsed to sit at the table. I always think I could do better than the idiot contestants they serve up just to get thrashed each night.

I'll also catch Newsnight, Question Time and Match of the day and stuff like that, but no drama shows anymore. Used to watch Frasier every morning, but since they stopped the Bamboozle quiz on channel 4 it just doesn't seem worth straining my eyes when I'm tired.
Tic Tac, sir?
The Captain
Level 8
Level 8

Post by The Captain »

Eggheads? Smegheads more like.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Kaito-kun wrote:The voice actor found it easier to keep up a falsetto voice over a long period of time, rather than strain their voice trying to perform a voice that strains him.

Also, because it's awesome. Unlike Naruto.
Naruto isn't that bad. I geuss it does sometimes get dum when Naruto actes stupid at some points but those are just minor problems. I like it. One thing is the opening song which is really awsome.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Naruto isn't that bad. I geuss it does sometimes get dum when Naruto actes stupid at some points but those are just minor problems. I like it. One thing is the opening song which is really awsome.
The real problem with Naruto?

The anime series: 70% fillers, 30% actual story.

Hokuto No Ken? 50% manly tears and violence, 30% moving story (both in Manga and Anime), 20% high pitch screams.
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

actually, naruto does quite go into the story. fillers do come but rarely. Lets do it 65% story and 35% fillers.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:actually, naruto does quite go into the story. fillers do come but rarely. Lets do it 65% story and 35% fillers.
Watch it in a language you don't understand and then you'll see just how little happens in it. Even the fights are usually just two people staring at each other from opposite ends of the room waiting for the others standing at the side to finish their friendly chat.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

You have a point. Some fights just continue for 5 episodes or more and the only thing you see is both looking at each other and thinking...

but other than that, It is fun.
But that's just my oppinion.
Wait a minute, why am I talking about naruto? I am a sonic fan for god sake! AHhhhhhhhhh! Naruto is taking over me! Take it off, take it off, TAKE IT OFF! AHHHHHhh!
This discussion is OVER!