What's your Least favourite console generation?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

What's your least favourite console generation?

1st Gen (Odyssey, Pong)
17%
2nd Gen (Atari 2600, 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision)
17%
3rd Gen (NES, Master System, Atari 7800)
4%
4th Gen (Turbo-Graphix 16/PC-Engine, Mega Drive, Neo Geo, SNES)
9%
5th Gen (CD32, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Saturn, PlayStation, N64)
4%
6th Gen (Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube)
9%
7th Gen (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3)
39%
Screw them, I hate them all!!
No votes

Total votes: 23

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

And a few years ago, Activision were the ones trying new franchises. I guess that's what happens when you notice that Guitar Hero and Call of Duty sell bucketloads.

Look at EA with Rock Band. Hardly milking that one a million games a month, are they?

BTW - Poll added :)
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

@Rayne: I disagree with the whole "These games play like rubbish" statement about the PS1 and Saturn. Other than the Saturn's racing games, I've played almost all of the Saturn games that are well known and worth playing, and I've played a ton of PS1 and there are still games on those systems that hold up well. As far as early titles go, Wipeout is still great fun and still controls decent. Virtua Fighter 2 was released shortly after the Saturn's launch and it's widely regarded still as the best Virtua Fighter game ever made. Also, Soul Blade wasn't too late in the PS1's life span and it gave us Soul Calibur. I played Soul Blade not long ago and it still plays great.

I do acknowledge that some titles definitely have not aged well (Tomb Raider) but there are just as many if not more games that still play just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

Wrath: I totally agree with you regarding VF2! It's an awesome game, even today! The gameplay and speed is spot on. And both PS1 and Saturn have classics with 3d graphics that are still worth playing.

Graphics can be important, but gamplay it always what actually counts.

Compare Space Ace to Pacman in it's day for example :)

But anyway, my least favourite console has to be Atari 2600.
Only games I can remember that are worth mentioning have to be
Pacman and Pitfall.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Tomb Raider has aged just fine, it's better than the new games. They don't make games that challenging, that long and with that much atmosphere anymore.
Tic Tac, sir?
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

I have to agree with Killer French Bread, Tomb Raider still plays fine, even if the controls are a little awkward. (I have the Saturn version, so I guess it's just the controller)
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Yeah Tomb Raider is pretty cool still. The Armored Core series also played just as well back then as it does now.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:The Armored Core series also played just as well back then as it does now.
So still awful.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:@Rayne: I disagree with the whole "These games play like rubbish" statement about the PS1 and Saturn. Other than the Saturn's racing games, I've played almost all of the Saturn games that are well known and worth playing, and I've played a ton of PS1 and there are still games on those systems that hold up well. As far as early titles go, Wipeout is still great fun and still controls decent. Virtua Fighter 2 was released shortly after the Saturn's launch and it's widely regarded still as the best Virtua Fighter game ever made. Also, Soul Blade wasn't too late in the PS1's life span and it gave us Soul Calibur. I played Soul Blade not long ago and it still plays great.

I do acknowledge that some titles definitely have not aged well (Tomb Raider) but there are just as many if not more games that still play just fine.
Depends on the Genre, any 3rd/1st person titles look terrible and feel uber clunky. Tomb Raider hasn't aged because Tomb Raider has never actually improved since it's PS1 debut :P
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

gotta b gen 6. just because i got SO much stick for being a gamecube owner and games just seemed to disappear on them. it sucked
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Mine would...This generation (excluding the handhelds) As i said in the other post. Xbox 360 is a breeding ground for FPS and i cant remember the last game i enjoyed on it at all :/ The PS3 isnt being taking advantage of propley, It keeps getting shoody xbox 360 ports or bad exclusives and the Wii is just GAH D: Where the f*ck are all the games on it?