What's your Least favourite console generation?

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...

What's your least favourite console generation?

1st Gen (Odyssey, Pong)
17%
2nd Gen (Atari 2600, 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision)
17%
3rd Gen (NES, Master System, Atari 7800)
4%
4th Gen (Turbo-Graphix 16/PC-Engine, Mega Drive, Neo Geo, SNES)
9%
5th Gen (CD32, 3DO, Atari Jaguar, Saturn, PlayStation, N64)
4%
6th Gen (Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube)
9%
7th Gen (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3)
39%
Screw them, I hate them all!!
No votes

Total votes: 23

Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Cobra! wrote:Well, I see HDTVs on the Argos website for up to £2000, I'd say that's pretty expensive, although I suppose you can get the small HDTVs for an ok price, but it's not like HDTVs make a differance anyway, the only differance I've noticed is that it's a bit clearer if you put your face right at the screen, and I don't think anyone does that.
If you can't see the difference between HD and SD then you may actually be blind, you should get that checked.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Reknoc wrote:If you can't see the difference between HD and SD then you may actually be blind, you should get that checked.
Right, then all my friends must be as well, because they're saying the same thing.
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Clearly.

Whoops let me rephrase that because you probably can't see it:

They probably are.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

You can get a 22" HD telly for only 200 quid these days. I must say the difference between SD and HD is MASSIVE! On 360 & PS3 it really is anyway, the 360 was almost impossible to read without HD
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Look, I don't want any arguements here, I bet that this thread will just die by the time this arguement is over.

No matter what you guys do, my views won't change untill I'm proven wrong. I even know a PS3 fanboy who also says HD makes f*ck all differance.

*sigh* I wish I never made this topic...
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

^I agree with Cobradabest and say that it's time to get back to topic.

I'll have to say the current one is the worst (as of right now) and I'll look at this at an objective viewpoint before I get to my opinion. The XBOX 360 had a year-long head start from the others but I didn't detect interest from a lot of folks to buy one right away as the slate of games out initially didn't warrant the console's high price. When the PlayStation 3 came out, it sold out initially but quickly became an afterthought for the same reason. That and poor advertising... perhaps Kevin Butler should've came out as spokesperson sooner... Nintendo's Wii system is the only exception to this rule.

When I'm not playing platformers, easy RPG's, or other random SEGA titles, I'm a pretty heavy sports gamer. And seriously, there hasn't been much to sports games this generations besides MLB The Show (I've also heard EA's NHL and FIFA series are as good as they've ever been but I haven't played those for a while...). 2K's basketball games have been fun as well. The others have been nothing but meh... I haven't seen that much improvement in the other gaming genres, have you (please, correct me if I'm wrong)?

Finally, now-a-days, games are either on time but rushed or delayed and finished, but not on time and finished. I know a lot of you would like to see a game finished rather than on time, but it is frustrating to continually have to wait for a product when you are promised a date range or even a specific date and then find out you'll have to wait longer for it, and even if it results in a slightly improved product, it is a broken promise. I can handle it once and a while, these are videogames and not our nation's government functions, but it happens waaaay too often now-a-days.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

crippenstation wrote: Finally, now-a-days, games are either on time but rushed or delayed and finished, but not on time and finished. I know a lot of you would like to see a game finished rather than on time, but it is frustrating to continually have to wait for a product when you are promised a date range or even a specific date and then find out you'll have to wait longer for it, and even if it results in a slightly improved product, it is a broken promise. I can handle it once and a while, these are video games and not our nation's government functions, but it happens waaaay too often now-a-days.
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

I'd rather wait for a an unfinished game that needs some polish than wait for a finished game to be brought over here. This gen has been pretty decent for Europe release dates, ignoring Scamco and Nintendo.
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

I still can't comprehend someone voting for the SNES/Megadrive-Gen. :|
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Sherlock wrote:I still can't comprehend someone voting for the SNES/Megadrive-Gen. :|