Games you want made into movies

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Pong.

I see a movie about a kid who wants to be ping pong champion, but is laughed at by the other kids at his school because of some reason, probably because he is a bit of a nerd.
He knows the owner of the Chinese restaurant around the corner whom he talks to about the topic.
It turns out that that owner is an old Pong Fu master and he accepts the kid as Pong Fu student.
After a motivational speech and a training montage with corny music later, he is an amazing Pong Fu player, right finishing his training for the championship the next day.
He beats all of his opponents, especially the bully who picked on him and other kids, and everyone is astonished and loves the kid.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

here am i the only one who has just heard of tekken the movie being done
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:Epic!

What about a Pac Man film, but from the perspective of the innocent ghosts that get eaten by the evil vicious Pac Man?! :ohmy:
Don't be ridiculous! Pac-Man was obviously a freedom fighter trying to free his fellow Pac-People from suppression from the ghost overlords.
Sherlock wrote:Pong.

I see a movie about a kid who wants to be ping pong champion, but is laughed at by the other kids at his school because of some reason, probably because he is a bit of a nerd.
He knows the owner of the Chinese restaurant around the corner whom he talks to about the topic.
It turns out that that owner is an old Pong Fu master and he accepts the kid as Pong Fu student.
After a motivational speech and a training montage with corny music later, he is an amazing Pong Fu player, right finishing his training for the championship the next day.
He beats all of his opponents, especially the bully who picked on him and other kids, and everyone is astonished and loves the kid.
Fantastic! We'll have 2 sequels and a remake starring the child of the most popular African-American comic actor of the 90's!
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

wait tekkens be done and is out now
josher_09
Level 1
Level 1

Post by josher_09 »

Shockerbey wrote:here am i the only one who has just heard of tekken the movie being done
very horrible movie but i think if they put a better job into hiring good actors it might have been better but then again maybe not
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

I would like to see a Shinobi movie and a Legend Of Zelda movie, that would be awesome
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Why not Madden? A day in a life of an NFL team and the man who covers it all. That and there being a catchphrase once every 20 seconds.

Pow! Amazing! He's going to feel that in the morning! Boom! Tough Actin' Tinactin!

Oh, and a little "Here's where you have to respond. You also don't want to panic, 'cause it's only the first quarter" doesn't hurt either.
elheridelchacon98 wrote:I would like to see a Shinobi movie and a Legend Of Zelda movie, that would be awesome
After the disastrous TV series, (which somehow has found new life thanks to Shout!, NCircle, and Hulu) I'm a little uncertain if a Legend of Zelda movie would be good. Someone may surprise me, though.

Kaito-kun wrote:Fantastic! We'll have 2 sequels and a remake starring the child of the most popular African-American comic actor of the 90's!
You're referring to LeVar Burton?</sarcasm>
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
baraka6
Level 6
Level 6

Post by baraka6 »

i felt mortal kombat was the best game to film conversion, wasnt full of itself or boring and was very well edited. now games to film i would like to see....

mercenaries: if it was placed in the right hands would be a very good action film (keeping the characters)

grand theft auto: thats been a request for a very long time, but the plot would have to be something very special

zelda: would be very hard to pull off if it was live action but anime style would do good

devil may cry: now a live action film on that would kick ass as long as it was 2 hrs long and was in depth on the characters if people had no background info

i have seen tekken, wasnt that great, fight scenes were well presented but plot itself was weak in a lot of places.

TBH including mortal kombat i feel most fighting games to movie end up being a clone of enter the dragon in some form, i understand... yes because its a fighting game you fool, but it doesnt have to be all about that. Break the mould and create something fresh
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Actually, and in all seriousness, I think if done right, the Castlevania series would have a TON of potential for a great movie.

Though it's probably better of with an anime.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

Dynamite cop. That film would have it all. Bruce Willis as Bruno; Eddie Murphy as his namesake; some red-head as the token woman, perhaps Dr Grey from X-men; and naturally Alan Rickman, who just casts himself as the big baddie Wolf Hongo. Not sure who'd play the president's daughter as I don't watch that many films with kids in, maybe the girl from A Series of Extraordinary events but she's probably about 30 now.

You could even change all the pirates on the boat to Somalians to keep the story relevant.
Tic Tac, sir?