Gaming News

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I really like how the put Patapon in there. Patapon is one of my favorite games of all time. Wished they would have put the hero in Patapon 3 as a character though... I could already imagine his moves... heh.

Anyway, I'm guessing Spyro and Crash will make it?
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I'm guessing Spyro and Crash will make it?
I am sort of doubting this despite they originally only Playstation games, as now their switching companies like crazy.
Crash is now sometimes Travellers Tales and sometimes Vicarious Visions ect.
I have no idea who took over Spyro now. Universal are only publishers after all.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I see... I doubt Rayman counts either...

Man, I'm still dreaming for the Ultimate Crossover game where the biggest companies would make a SSB style game together.... All the epicness... THAT would be a revolutionary game... A pretty big one too.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

Dr Shaneman wrote:I am sort of doubting this despite they originally only Playstation games, as now their switching companies like crazy.Crash is now sometimes Travellers Tales and sometimes Vicarious Visions ect.I have no idea who took over Spyro now. Universal are only publishers after all.
Well the Crash series was in the hands of Serra, but now it's safe to say that the series has now been discontinued...as for Spyro, it shold have stayed with Insomiac...
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I see... I doubt Rayman counts either...

Man, I'm still dreaming for the Ultimate Crossover game where the biggest companies would make a SSB style game together.... All the epicness... THAT would be a revolutionary game... A pretty big one too.
He very well might do, but again doubts appear. Atleast he's stayed fixed with Ubi and up until Rayman 3 all his games were Playstation only.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

I dont really consider any Rayman game after Rayman 3 an official game tbh.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

I feel annoyed how some of my favorite childhood Playstation characters don't seem to work with Playstation anymore...
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

Quills on Wheels wrote:I see... I doubt Rayman counts either...

Rayman would be undoubtedly cool; I'll rather see him in his Origins look, but that's me.

And if the planets align, world peace finally comes and all the world problems are solved, maybe the that crossover game may happen :P

I'll stick with Super Smash Flash 2 for now though. XD

Why should you feel annoyed? That's the video game industry for you. And besides, the best games of your Playstation series were on the original Playstation (and PS1 in any case).
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Dr Shaneman wrote:Atleast he's stayed fixed with Ubi and up until Rayman 3 all his games were Playstation only.
Err...What? Rayman has always been multi-platform: The original game was on PS1, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn and PC, Rayman 2 was PS1, PS2, PC, Dreamcast, N64 and Gameboy Colour and Rayman 3 was on PS2, Xbox, PC and Gamecube.

Spyro and Crash are both owned by Universal/Activision/Vivendi (You know, that whole group) so it's extremely unlikely that they'll turn up in this.

My suggestion? Don't get your hopes up for any characters that Sony don't own the rights to, otherwise you'll end up disappointed when it doesn't happen. Additionally, it means that if by some miracle Sony do obtain the rights to use other characters then you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Dr Shaneman
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Dr Shaneman »

Kaito-kun wrote:Err...What? Rayman has always been multi-platform: The original game was on PS1, Atari Jaguar, Sega Saturn and PC, Rayman 2 was PS1, PS2, PC, Dreamcast, N64 and Gameboy Colour and Rayman 3 was on PS2, Xbox, PC and Gamecube.
I was thinking more in terms of Rayman 2 (because the PS1 version was totally redesigned), Rayman Rush, Rayman Revolution and Rayman M (as it was only on Gamecube in America).