Games that only you could ever love.

Non-SEGA? Shove your general gaming posts in here...
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Oh another one is Harvest Moon. I bloody love them all, esspically friends on minreal town on the GBA :D
Shockerbey
level 11
level 11

Post by Shockerbey »

true crime streets of LA. it got so many bad reviews but i loved the unlimited ammo and the one liners and the movie references of movies. pure awesome. no fault in my view
xboy_in_da_house
Level 12
Level 12

Post by xboy_in_da_house »

Guardian Heroes on the Sega Saturn, the game is just a blast I can't stop playing this game. This is why I bought a Sega Saturn back in 1996 just for this action packed game.
Cobra!
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Cobra! »

Batman & Robin [Playstation] - An imediate drawback is that it's based on what most people would consider the worst Batman movie ever made, I've never seen one good review of this game. I loved it back in the day, you could drive around gotham city in your batmobile, in full 3D, and this was before even the Driver 1, so that was really impressive at the time. It's not as good playing it again years later, I can't get through the 1st mission, but there's still some fun to be had just driving around in the game.

Batman of the future [Playstation] - Another batman game, and it's the exact same story, for whatever reason, people hated this game alot, but I enjoyed it, me and my cousin used to play this game to death, good times...

Seek and Destroy [Playstation 2] - This is one of those 'hit and miss' games, you ither love it, or hate it. As you might've guessed, I love it! It has talking tanks in it, need I say more? You can upgrade your tank with a wide variety equipment, you can even make your tank fly! The only problems I have with this game are that it's too easy and that it only has 2 tracks in the whole game, one for the menu and one for battle. Other than that, awesome game!
Don't you EVER forget the "!" in "Cobra!"! Unless you're refering me as "Cobradabest".
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Sonic Riders Zero Gravity (Wii) - Everyone says it sucks, but I love it. It's a great racer. Although I do see the wasted potential and flaws in the game, and it is a bit repetitive BUT I still love it.

Hotel Mario, Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon (CD-i) - For some reason, everybody hates on these games, especially people who never played them. I did when I was a kid, and to be honest - they weren't that bad. In fact, they were quite fun. The cheesy cutscenes actually make the games really epic in a twisted hilarious form. They were cool sidescrollers, and that the controls were clunky was merely the fault of the console, not the game itself. The CD-i controller sucked, not the game's controls themselves. =P

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS) - Somehow, many people say that this is one of the worst Castlevania games. Honestly? I don't get it why. Yes, they yell "JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE", but you don't switch every 5 seconds in pretty much all cases. And yes, the plot and cutscenes are cheesy and the anime style doesn't suit Castlevania, but honestly, who cares about the plot and the cutscenes.
I found the tag team system to be really refreshing and while the game was really easy (outside of some of the special unlockable modes, of course), it is a really great game to get into Metroidvanias if you never played 'em, or back into the series if you haven't played it in a long time, like I did. Really underrated 2D Castlevania, next to Harmony of Dissonance.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

Surely everyone loves Harvest Moon?!

Also, Guardian Heroes was one of my favourite games on the Saturn, so you're not alone there ^_^
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

Sonic The Drunk wrote:Ape Escape was an amazing game when I played is on PSOne, I'm assuming PSP is the same?
Yeah, they're similar except you can only use one analog stick in the PSP version. And the graphics are more crisper. And I think one of the mini games are different where you ride a snowboard instead of snow skis. Still a good game though.
ImageImage
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

SONIC AND THE BLACK KNIGHT! Everybody sais its a stupid game! They say it is not fast paste and all this hammering of the wii remote makes people's arm hurt! BUT I LOVE IT! I have played and finished the game 2 times now and I might start a 3rd time.
Rayne
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Rayne »

I don't know about me being the only person that could ever love them...but some flawed favorites:

.Hack//Infection
BloodRayne
DOA Xtreme
Dynasty Warriors (Every. Single. One.)
Earth Defense Force
Ghost In The Shell: SAC
Perfect Dark Zero
Project Sylpheed
Rumble Roses XX
Surf's Up
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

As someone has brought up Batman games it reminds me that I have a bit of a soft spot for Batman Returns on the Saturn. It's a side scrolling fighting game; the graphics are shoddy and the gameplay a bit messy but I used to prefer it in 2 player to Guardian Heroes.
Tic Tac, sir?