Phantasy Star Online 2

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

They announced a western version was coming, but they've been silent about it ever since until the news that it was delayed (despite no release date ever given).

The whole thing is a farce. They should just come out and say it's cancelled. Shit's embarrassing and whatever they'll release wont be good enough and about a year behind on content.
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

It's quite obvious SEGA's all about digital titles, Total War, Sonic and re-releases. And the odd title out there (Project Diva F).
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

If that one day this game gets its western release, who honestly would care here? Like KK said, people on here already are and other westerners.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

TheChaosBlue wrote:If that one day this game gets its western release, who honestly would care here? Like KK said, people on here already are and other westerners.
Here? Not many. Though even now I wish that there was a western version since it's hard to buy the cash shop stuff and there's still some stuff left untranslated because they're server side. I'm also not fond of joining a random party in case I end up in a Japanese party who, and rightfully so tbh, would be annoyed at my joining.

Elsewhere though I'm still seeing people even now post that they're finally fed up with waiting on SEGA to pull their finger out their arse and release the game, so they're installing the Japanese version.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-sega ... ed/0119859

hmm

hmmmmmm
Your digital offering is also changing Sega into a new business. What are the objectives in that space?
The business models are changing every day, and free-to-play is something we are excited about; at GDC we announced Total War Arena, and then in Japan we are seeing huge success with Phantasy Star Online 2. Phantasy Star is free-to-play on PC and Vita, and doing very well on Vita in Japan. We will bring that game to the Western market at some point.
[quote]and then in Japan we are seeing huge success with Phantasy Star Online 2. Phantasy Star is free-to-play on PC and Vita, and doing very well on Vita in Japan. We will bring that game to the Western market at some point.[/quote]
We will bring that game to the Western market at some point.
fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Don't give up hope, Rekky! It's that same hope that makes me believe that we'll see an English translated Yakuza 5!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

there is no hope, no hope left, none. it's not like yakuza 5, if they did release that by some miracle it's okay, it's the same game as it has ever been in japan.

PSO2 is a game that has been constantly been updating for a year and more, items and events have come and gone. what can sega do? release it as it is now and miss out on content? or start from the beginning and take forever to implement many of the improvements.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

...Yeah, your suffering is worse than mine.

Part of me wants to sympathise, part of me wants to laugh.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

well on the plus side at least SEGAs incompetence is only really making it hard for me to buy premium points on PSO2.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

The Madoka costumes (and Fate ones apparently coming out after) is making me want to play this again. Stopped playing for a while due to the update that deleted system and Final Fantasy XIV's files.