Who is your favorite Sonic Character?

Strictly SEGA related discussion.

Who is your favorite Sonic the Hedgehog character?

Sonic the Hedgehog
No votes
Miles "Tails" Prower
29%
Knuckles the Echidna
7%
Shadow the Hedgehog
21%
Silver the Hedgehog
No votes
Amy Rose
No votes
Blaze the Cat
No votes
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik
29%
Cream the Rabbit
No votes
Others (Please tell me!)
14%

Total votes: 14

Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Blaze the Cat was a good character. In rush I liked her story, turned out to be a likable character in then end. Sonic of course, if it wasn;t for the blue blur himself i wouldnt be here and finally shadow...for reasons i cant explain very well xD
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

I dont mined blaze. My liking for her became more after I started and finished sonic rush. Currently, I am playing Sonic rush adventure. She is a good character and her fire power is awsome too.

Tails is fine to me. But it is a little embarrasing to see that his voice actor is actually a girl (Amy somebody) and now that he has a new voice actor, Which is AGAIN a girl! It seems that the new voice actor was also the voice actor of sakura in naruto and I do watch naruto and when I put sakura's voice into tails,... I DONT KNOW! It doesnt sound right! I want a proper boy voice actor for tails!
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

But loads of women play the voices of male characters, like Bart Simpson! It's just cos they have a higher pitched voice :p
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

CapnCloudchaser wrote:But loads of women play the voices of male characters, like Bart Simpson! It's just cos they have a higher pitched voice :p
*Nod nod* Ash Ketchum was voiced by a girl too. When you get a little older your body goes through a lot of changes and one of them for boys is that their voices get deeper, therefore in order to get a voice high enough for pee-pubesant males female voice actresses are used 90% of the time. The only exception that springs to mind is the original English voice of Alphonse Elric in FullMetal Alchemist who I think was actually voiced by a kid but couldn't re-voice him in Brotherhood because the actor's voice had started to break.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

But tails and Sakura? Does that match?
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:But tails and Sakura? Does that match?
Voice actors/actresses can normally provide more than one voice.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Maybe your right...
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Gonic wrote:and finally shadow...for reasons i cant explain very well xD
Someone who knows how I feel! Finally! Um, why do I like Shadow... Uh, how do I explain?...

I do like characters with an interesting backstory, and Shadow's definitely counts. Um, maybe the fact that he's emotionally scarred? Gives his character more depth. He's not just an angry jerk. Maybe the fact that he's badass? Makes him all the more awesome. Yeah, my explanation sucks. I know.

As for Silver, I don't get why everyone hates him. I know a lot of people think his voice is annoying, but he's fourteen. It fits. Is that the only reason he's disliked? Or is it his backstory?
Option
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Option »

Robotnik, obviously.

That said, I would say I like Shadow (and yes, I also liked the game lol), Tails, and I actually do like Silver. He was a great concept, and the idea behind his character was great, not to mention that he had a lot of potential to be interesting and maybe even have a whole arc based on him. Unfortunately, he had the problem of being introduced with the hands down worst Sonic game to date, and has since then never made any significant appearance outside of spin-off cameos.
Oh, and his design is a bit silly.
"The sub-structure of the universe regresses infinitely towards smaller and smaller components. Behind atoms we find electrons - and behind electrons, quarks. Each layer unravelled reveals new secrets, but also new mysteries."
- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, For I Have Tasted The Fruit
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Option wrote:I actually do like Silver. He was a great concept, and the idea behind his character was great, not to mention that he had a lot of potential to be interesting and maybe even have a whole arc based on him. Unfortunately, he had the problem of being introduced with the hands down worst Sonic game to date, and has since then never made any significant appearance outside of spin-off cameos.
Oh, and his design is a bit silly.

Yay, another Silver fan! I agree. He has a lot of potential. That whole game had potential, but it just wasn't used. I would like if Silver showed up again in a mainstream game, but they do it correctly. He can be a great character if he's given a chance. And yeah, his quills do look a bit funny. I heard somone say his front quills resembled the leaves of a mariwana plant.