'Sonic Fan's aren't hard to please' Says Sega.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Fanboys can be damaging to a community, mainly because if you've got the wrong type of fanboy, they can make the whole community look like a bunch of raving, deranged idiots to an outsider looking in.

Seen it before in the FF fanbase, and in some cases I'm seeing it here as well.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Unfourntaly thats what mainly stands out in any community. The are Fanboys that dont act like that of course but there like everyone else. They remain silent lol. But yeah, no one likes a loud mouth think they know it all fanboy.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

^Well what do you expect us to do? I know we remain silent but what else should we do? It's not like we can actually go and tell the world!
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

I don't know... The Sonic fans are bit hard to please, because, when you stop to think about, Sonic is a hard caracther to make bad games.

Think back in the 90's, on one side, you have a regular plumber which will save the princess on a fantasy land, on the other side, we have a blue hedgehog with spikes on the hair and extremely fast, saving his friends and your home from a robotic maniac. If you think about, Sonic is way cooler than Mario (I am not saying better, because that is not the subject of this topic, just cooler)

So, if you want to please Sonic fans, do a normal plataform game, that is what Sonic needs. No 3D. So far, I have not seen any Sonic game of this and the past generation that made a good transition from the 2D to the 3D. In fact, the good scenes with Sonic on 3D are the ones you are not controlling him, which he can go very fast with a lot of changes of scenarios or high speed actions.

That's it. I hope I did not offend any Mario fan. I really like his games, but I still prefer Sonic.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

tasmwill wrote:I don't know... The Sonic fans are bit hard to please, because, when you stop to think about, Sonic is a hard caracther to make bad games.
SEGA have a heck of a lot of skill in the making bad games department if that's the case.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

^Sonic Unleashed's Day stages were really fast paster. And Do you mean Sonic Colours wasn't good eider?
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

tasmwill wrote:So, if you want to please Sonic fans, do a normal plataform game, that is what Sonic needs. No 3D. So far, I have not seen any Sonic game of this and the past generation that made a good transition from the 2D to the 3D. In fact, the good scenes with Sonic on 3D are the ones you are not controlling him, which he can go very fast with a lot of changes of scenarios or high speed actions.
Sonic Unleashed's Day stages were really fast paster. And Do you mean Sonic Colours wasn't good eider?
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Still didn't play the Colours, so don't consider this one as one of the bad games list, as I don't know how it is.
Shadid

Post by Shadid »

tasmwill wrote:Still didn't play the Colours, so don't consider this one as one of the bad games list, as I don't know how it is.
Good move sir. *hands over beer*

As for the topic in hand, yes, most (and I say MOST) of the Sonic fans I see online are damn pecky to please. I even had a discussion with a friend of mine, who also likes Sonic, but as a franchise. Meaning, he likes everything Sonic.

Now in everyone else's case, it seems like Sonic is the goddamn holy grail of the series, which was tampered with the 3D games. It was not tampered with them, or else Sonic R would've been a terrible game. And it is, but it's enjoyable.

And tasmwill, it's not about Sonic being a hard character to make bad games. SEGA makes them bad just for the hell of it, and then they succeed wiith the other 25% of the fans that LIKE Sonic in 3D. Sonic 4 may have sold well in XBLA, but it doesn't make it a good game, per se. It still lacked the level gimmicks and originality. And I don't wanna dwell onto the physics, because it's just different. And Colours is THE best 3D Sonic game out there, but it still had some flaws from the rest of the 3D series. But it was still good for what it was.

For what it's worth, SEGA's feedback sessions should be on a weekly basis, because they STILL haven't figured out how to please all the fans.

And I don't wanna dwell on Iizuka, he is more dumb than anyone else while managing Sonic Team.
I live here now!
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Shadid wrote:SEGA makes them bad just for the hell of it,
(Thinks about SEGA making the "Toylet" game) *FacePalm* -_-