'Sonic Fan's aren't hard to please' Says Sega.

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
ShadowPhantom
level 11
level 11

Post by ShadowPhantom »

Reknoc wrote:Sonic fans are easy to please because the actual fans are like pretty much all the moron furries that think shadow and silver were good characters.

Excuse me? I am not a moron, nor a furrie, but Shadow is my favorite character and Silver clearly had potential. It just wasn't used.

There's no need for stereotyping here.
Sound Reaper
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Sound Reaper »

ShadowPhantom wrote:Excuse me? I am not a moron, nor a furrie, but Shadow is my favorite character and Silver clearly had potential. It just wasn't used.

There's no need for stereotyping here.
Reknoc is just the kind of user with this kind of attitude towards the Sonic franchise. He will often feel the need to bash AND stereotype individuals who have prefferences beyond the old gen (and does so uniquely ;D).

THEN, he will brush you off as "being his opinion" when someone like me decides to notice it. .D
I wasn't going to return until I had something worthwhile to share sooooo....Image
KnuxyTheEchidna
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KnuxyTheEchidna »

Sound Reaper wrote:Reknoc is just the kind of user with this kind of attitude towards the Sonic franchise. He will often feel the need to bash AND stereotype individuals who have prefferences beyond the old gen (and does so uniquely ;D).

THEN, he will brush you off as "being his opinion" when someone like me decides to notice it. .D
As we continue on this ideal on the sonic fanbase, can someone with a marketing degree say the sonic fanbase is one of the most complex fanbases I have ever seen? They are not that easy to please or that picky either. At the same time they...did i just say they...hang on a moment...WE!!!!!! We are the most complex fanbase liking one aspect and hateing another. We are not simple, we know what we like and we shout it from the rooftops. We market our forums the best we can.

We are the fanbase and we are complex, smart and harder to please than most nintendo fans. Look at how long pokemon has run. I like pokemon, 2 but enough already nintendo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQNaroK ... e=youtu.be

Im back fools! Die! Evil cream has returned!

https://wolfduckshirtsandgames.wordpress.com/

Support the new game

epic mickey has one truth to gaming:

eggman: thanks to the judicial system I am eggman brown ah heart failure
Cream- im an evil flying bunny
amy- totally sold my soul to get sonic but satan tricks me in 06 then i get replaced with sakura from naruto's transformation jutsu yep heck
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Just suddenly, I wondered that maybe Nintendo fans aren't hard to please because they like every single game Nintendo puts and that's why they are always on the top. Of course that's not true but I still wonder what if.
Gonic
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Gonic »

Nintendo have had there fair share of bad game's. But at least they make games they know there fanbase will like

Edit: also don't start arguing just because someone has a bad opinion on the sonic fanbase. Your just proving their point if you do :P
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Just suddenly, I wondered that maybe Nintendo fans aren't hard to please because they like every single game Nintendo puts and that's why they are always on the top. Of course that's not true but I still wonder what if.
It also helps that most of their games are well made and cater to a wide range. The biggest problem Nintendo don't give a shit about is the people who think Nintendo are ignoring the core in favour of the masses, which isn't true as there's loads of core games and some of the more casual games are a hell of a lot of fun anyway.

Edit: A "Nintendo fan" is a pretty broad term, just like SEGA fan =/= Sonic Fan, the worst subsection of Nintendo fans are probably the Zelda ones.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Sound Reaper wrote:Reknoc is just the kind of user with this kind of attitude towards the Sonic franchise. He will often feel the need to bash AND stereotype individuals who have prefferences beyond the old gen (and does so uniquely ;D).

It's why we love him. ^_^
Reknoc wrote:It also helps that most of their games are well made and cater to a wide range. The biggest problem Nintendo don't give a shit about is the people who think Nintendo are ignoring the core in favour of the masses, which isn't true as there's loads of core games and some of the more casual games are a hell of a lot of fun anyway.

That's true, when was the last time people complained about a buggy Mario title? Compare that with recent Sonic titles. Sonic has always aimed at that 6-11 year old male marketing area (As well as the nostalia group) where as everyone knows and accepts Mario.
Reknoc wrote:Edit: A "Nintendo fan" is a pretty broad term, just like SEGA fan =/= Sonic Fan

True, just because "Nintendo fan" is the default retalliation setting for Sonic fans it doesn't means it's always appropriate.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Thinking about it the Nintendo/SEGA comparisons are pretty pointless anyway. It's not the 90s any more, Nintendo are light years ahead of SEGA at this point.
tasmwill

Post by tasmwill »

Yes, I don't like, but I agree.
Page
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Page »

I just read the piece and David Corless is saying that he believes that so called 'Hardcore' Sonic fans are 'passionate' rather than hard to please. I think I have to agree, Fandom is a strange thing, I consider myself a Sonic fan, id rather see Sonic on my screen than (I wont say Mario) Ristar, both games are excellent, and similar in concept but I just prefer to see Sonic. Im passionate enough to be interested in him and happy to spend money on merch, but I wont spit my dummy out if something is missed. Of course If they changed Sonic's colour or turned him into a dragon, then I might raise an eyebrow. Everyone uses 6 as an example as its a really easy target, I suppose what makes a fan is the ability to ignore/avoid the failings and enjoy the fact that you are playing with Sonic (in this case) something that you enjoy. Fanatics/fanboys and the like are as bad as the 'normal' game players that rip games apart, they focus on the bad, not the good

I think its good to be passionate enough to care about a thing, no matter what it is, if there were no fans there would be grey gruel for everyone and battle for popularity and competition like the one Reknoc illustrated with Sega and Nintendo would never happen.

Fandom is a personal thing, if you are interested then Ill share my passion, if not I wont push it on you. Fanatics, where the word Fan comes from, is the extreme, embarrassing and very annoying cousin of 'Fans'

Oh and I wont ever get into a flame war about anything. All I write is my opinion and Ill never push it on you. You are entitled to your opinion and I respect that. Personal attacks on people are pathetic and make the agressor just look stupid. (The term 'You' is aimed at the world in general, not an individual)

Page