Sonic Remix - Fan made game = Amazing!

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

It's the main problem I have with Nintendo if anything. They release there Mario's, Zelda's,Pokemons year in, year out and there just isn't any difference.Zelda's always gonna be do the tree dungeon shootin the belly of spiders then do a fire dungeon, water dungeon etc until your somehow suprised that Ganon's behind it, Mario's always gonna be collect a star then repeat the exact same level 5 more times but with a star in a different bit of the level and don't get me started on Pokemon. The mechanics of the games are great, most other companies should take note but I don't like putting the words creative or original near a Nintendo game. You know what your getting with any of the main series before you put the game in. You always have, 20years from now if there making any of those games you know damn straight they'll be the same.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

richarddavies wrote:It's the main problem I have with Nintendo if anything. They release there Mario's, Zelda's,Pokemons year in, year out and there just isn't any difference.Zelda's always gonna be do the tree dungeon shootin the belly of spiders then do a fire dungeon, water dungeon etc until your somehow suprised that Ganon's behind it, Mario's always gonna be collect a star then repeat the exact same level 5 more times but with a star in a different bit of the level and don't get me started on Pokemon. The mechanics of the games are great, most other companies should take note but I don't like putting the words creative or original near a Nintendo game. You know what your getting with any of the main series before you put the game in. You always have, 20years from now if there making any of those games you know damn straight they'll be the same.
Bolded isn't true but I see your point. I just don't see it as a problem. And at least they know how to space releases, in 20 years Mario may be the same but in those 20 years there'd only be a handful of new main Mario games whereas someone like Acti or Ubi would have released 20 of whatever cashcow they have.

As for lacking creativity and originality I'd say that's false aswell, for their main series sure, but when they make something new? I'm not so certain.
richarddavies
Level 14
Level 14

Post by richarddavies »

I said it in the post really,It's not a problem in the grand scheme of things. At the end of the day it's whether you have fun with the games or not I just don't like words like creative or original being used with a company that has pretty much exclusively made games out of about 4 series for 25 years with barely a change to em. I can't think of any other game company that has been doing the same thing for so long. Not even Sega can touch that record.
Killer French Bread
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Killer French Bread »

They don't exactly churn out new, original stuff though. What was the last big new series, Pikmin?
Tic Tac, sir?
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I actually like the fact that the games are spaced out from releases. To me ill get sick of game series that are pump out 2-3 games a year. I like that Nintendo stretches their main series apart while just throwing side/party games in between.
Must say im getting sick of their party games though.

Their plots aren't creative at all, just the same thing over and over. When it comes to creativity i think they do good in gameplay in some of their original series but not all of them, alot hasn't changed at all since their first game (Like pokemon) just a few new gimmicks or tools that add to the experience.
They are creative in their worlds, and look of the games to me. You don't see other companys turning their mascots into paper or yarn.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Rich has a point.
Just imagine, In 1 year or 2, there will be a new Mario game and nobody will be saying "oh, I am excited about the story" because we all know that it will be the same thing, Bowser kidnaps princes peach, locks her in a freaking castle and Mario comes and saves her. Sure there might be a few times when something different came in the way like bowser first stealing the star rod or bowser stealing the princes and going into the space and Mario needing the help of the star princess(whatever she is called), but the main picture is always bloody same. When did we see Bowser trying to get power using another way other than kidnapping the princess?
Sure Eggman is always trying to rule over the world but at least he uses different ways, not just turning little animals into robots.
When it comes to Story, Nintendo Sucks like shit because they can't figure out anything else!
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:Rich has a point.
Just imagine, In 1 year or 2, there will be a new Mario game and nobody will be saying "oh, I am excited about the story" because we all know that it will be the same thing, Bowser kidnaps princes peach, locks her in a freaking castle and Mario comes and saves her. Sure there might be a few times when something different came in the way like bowser first stealing the star rod or bowser stealing the princes and going into the space and Mario needing the help of the star princess(whatever she is called), but the main picture is always bloody same. When did we see Bowser trying to get power using another way other than kidnapping the princess?
Sure Eggman is always trying to rule over the world but at least he uses different ways, not just turning little animals into robots.
When it comes to Story, Nintendo Sucks like shit because they can't figure out anything else!
Anyone who says this about any game is an idiot.

That's not to say Nintendo are lacking in the story department when it comes to a genre where it matters. The Mario RPGs and Mother games are still some of the best written games out there.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Who said your an idiot if you are excited about what will happen in the story?

Still, if there was a race asking all companies to quickly create a story for their mascot, I don't think Nintendo would go far.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

.....Bullshit. As Recknoc said, play Mario RPG or the Mother series. Or hey, how about Fire Emblem? Nintendo can do and have done whatever they damn well please and they do it well, which is why they still exist. Nintendo would do perfectly fine and they've proven that just because their games lack plot doesn't mean they can't make a great story.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

OK than, so story doesn't matter at all when buying a game. Funny though when Sonic 06 came out, one major thing people complained about was the romance between a Hedgehog and the princess which is also part of the story!