Favorite Sega Franchise

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
Quills on Wheels
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Quills on Wheels »

Wrath Oskvro wrote:Please forgive me if there has already been a topic of this.
well except for Shadow Dancer on the Master System..that blowed hard. Love the Gen version though
I guess it was kind of hard but it was still a fun game. You can't really call it hard. It was challenging. It was one of my old child hood games which drove me nuts because I couldn't even pass the first boss! :biggrin:
But just yesterday I went to PlaySEGA and finished Shadow Dancer for my last day of VIP trial. The last boss was so hard and I was forced to use the save system.

Anyway, going back on topic, My number one SEGA franchise is Sonic the Hedgehog.
Than it's followed by Streets of Rage. Man that game is Soooooooooooooo Awesome! Number 3 really kicked ass and was heaps of fun with more characters, more options, and some extra stuff(Loved Roo the Kangaroo).
One 3rd spot would probably be Shadow Dancer.
And on 4th spot would be Golden Axe. It was a hard game though.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

There are too many favourites for me.

Sonic will always be number one, because that is what I grew up on, but I'm a huge fan of Sega RPG's such as the Shining series, Skies of Arcadia and the Phantasy Star Online/Universe games. Let's not forget Shenmue either!

But there is also NiGHTS and Streets of Rage.

And man, Panzer Dragoon! Saga is one of my favourite RPG's, right up there with Skies and PSO.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Oh! Valkyria Chronicles! I forgot about that one. Still need to finish number one, but I've got number two ready to go as soon as I've completed it.
SuperMatt723
Level 1
Level 1

Post by SuperMatt723 »

Sonic is a given, so I have to say Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Samba De Amigo, ToeJam & Earl, and Ristar.
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Biggest sonic fan wrote:I guess it was kind of hard but it was still a fun game. You can't really call it hard. It was challenging. It was one of my old child hood games which drove me nuts because I couldn't even pass the first boss! :biggrin:
But just yesterday I went to PlaySEGA and finished Shadow Dancer for my last day of VIP trial. The last boss was so hard and I was forced to use the save system.

Anyway, going back on topic, My number one SEGA franchise is Sonic the Hedgehog.
Than it's followed by Streets of Rage. Man that game is Soooooooooooooo Awesome! Number 3 really kicked ass and was heaps of fun with more characters, more options, and some extra stuff(Loved Roo the Kangaroo).
One 3rd spot would probably be Shadow Dancer.
And on 4th spot would be Golden Axe. It was a hard game though.

..By blowed hard I meant the Master System version was crap. But like I said, I love the Genesis version of it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.
Tru
Level 14
Level 14

Post by Tru »

SuperMatt723 wrote:Sonic is a given, so I have to say Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Samba De Amigo, ToeJam & Earl, and Ristar.
Good ones, I miss Toejam and Earl :(
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Sonic is the quintessential Sega franchise and will always come number1, but for me second place has to go to Shenmue. I fell in love with this game so hard it hurt, who knew I could ever enjoy hours of driving a forklift. 3rd might have to go to space harrier, that game stole so much of my money.

Cap'n surely there's no need to miss the Toe jam n' Earl just whack on the mega drive and revel in their awesomeness.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

Wayne The Game wrote:3rd might have to go to space harrier, that game stole so much of my money.
So many quarters spent on that game....so many...

Kaito-kun wrote:Oh! Valkyria Chronicles! I forgot about that one.
Yeah same here Valkyria Chronicles was great, already beat it twice.
I don't think ill be getting a VC2 or 3 because im not a big fan of the PSP and im not planning on getting it anytime soon. If it ever comes out on a Nintendo handheld or something else ill buy it right away.
sonicfanRICH
Level 13
Level 13

Post by sonicfanRICH »

I like a variety of Sega franchises like the ones already mentioned but I just wanted to say...

Crraaaaaaaazy Taxi!

I also like the Columns, Puyo Pop, Rez, Samba de Amigo, Sega Bass Fishing, Sega Rally, Daytona USA, Super Monkey Ball, Vectorman, Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter, and Virtual On series.
ImageImage
Wrath Oskvro
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: Bruh

Post by Wrath Oskvro »

Oh hell, why did I not mention Shenmue. I love Shenmue as well. Definitely up there in the top 3.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cmXX ... T2LjS5oUOg Like guitars? Like games? Like Metal? Check my Youtoob.