Binary Domain

Strictly SEGA related discussion.
TCB
Level 15
Level 15

Post by TCB »

PS3 will have to do, since that is what we own now. I'm really like the facial expression conveyed though the characters.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Japanese demo will be coming on the 1st
http://andriasang.com/comzs0/binary_domain_demo/

Hopefully that means there'll be a western one, but it hardly matters I guess.
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Demo is up on the Japanese PSN and XBL stores. Had a quick blast on the PS3 version, and it's pretty good. The shooting feels quite nice, which is pretty surprising for a Japanese game (especially one by the guys who made Of the End), and the way enemies react is utterly brilliant.

Didn't get to try out the voice commands, since I can't speak Japanese, but from what other people said it sounds quite impressive.

There were a couple of times when I pissed my team mates off (the game has some sort of respect system for the squad members you use) because I didn't quite get what they wanted me to do, but other than that it's pretty easy to play without any Japanese knowledge.
RWDebara
Level 14
Level 14

Post by RWDebara »

I'm looking forward to this game. Everything i seen looks alot of fun, but they really need to change the games box art....
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Still better than Yakuza 3's.
Kaito-kun
Level 15
Level 15
Preferred pronouns: He/Him/They

Post by Kaito-kun »

Reknoc wrote:Demo is up on the Japanese PSN and XBL stores.
Is the EU store getting a demo any time soon?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

Kaito-kun wrote:Is the EU store getting a demo any time soon?
No idea, I'd sure hope so! I mean, it'd be a pretty good idea to have an english demo.

oh...
Twinny
News Team
News Team
Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Post by Twinny »

There a new trailer now showcasing the Multiplayer mode that's on YouTube:

[youtube]A_ekH3csnH4[/youtube]

EDIT: A press release has been announced for the demo, which is coming out on Wednesday:
Binary Domain Demo Date Revealed
THE MACHINE AGE IS YOURS TO TRY FROM MID FEBRUARY

LONDON AND SAN FRANCISCO (13 February, 2012) – SEGA® Europe Ltd. and SEGA® of America, Inc. today announced that the demo for the much anticipated third person, squad shooter Binary Domain™ will be released to western markets on February 15th 2012.

Xbox 360® and PlayStation3® players will experience the world of Binary Domain by playing through two of the Rust Crew’s early missions set in near future Tokyo. You’ll take command of Dan Marshall and work together with a squad of teammates from an elite International taskforce who watch and react to your every move. Gamers will have to fight highly intelligent robotic opponents and will also get the chance to try out Binary Domain’s ground breaking Consequence System. This system allows you to interact with and influence teammates in a variety of ways never before seen in a third person shooter, By using voice recognition in combat and non-combat situations players have a more natural dialogue with their allies, one which affects their behaviour and attitude.
Now is your chance to see into a Binary future and begin your journey into the machine age with the demo arriving on both formats from February 15th 2012.

Binary Domain is a pioneering third-person squad shooter from the creators of the Yakuza series. Set in near-future Tokyo where climate change has caused many living in the lower city of Tokyo to live in poverty. With a central branching storyline, voice recognition in combat and conversation and AAA shooter mechanics Binary Domain offers something genuinely unique to the genre.

For more information about the game, please visit:

www.binarydomaingame.com for assets, please visit www.sega-press.com.

Hmmm. maybe you guys can do a little preview of sorts in the review center?
Radio:SEGA: Gang Since October 2010

TF73
Level 9
Level 9

Post by TF73 »

I think the demo will be released today!?
Reknoc
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Reknoc »

It's up now on xbox marketplace. Giving it a download, though I doubt my impressions will change much from the Japanese demo.