Podcast Problems

Have something to say, or having any issues? Let us know...
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

foreversonic wrote:I don't know if you're referring to me or crippenstation, but when I looked at the feed, I used Firefox's internal feed renderer and looked at the source code.
Sorry - I was asking crippenstation. I just can't understand why it's doing what it's doing for him.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

I still can't download SEGA AGES or SNS via iTunes, and haven't been able to for the past week - I get a message "err = 500". :(
So far I've had to get around this by downloading manually from Sega Media; thankfully the AACs are up there.
There was an echidna from Vegas
Whose hairstyle was totally outrageous
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks
He told them the idea was Sega's

​— The Typing of the Dead
ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Retrix wrote:I still can't download SEGA AGES or SNS via iTunes, and haven't been able to for the past week - I get a message "err = 500". :(
So far I've had to get around this by downloading manually from Sega Media; thankfully the AACs are up there.
So we've got two people having the same problem. Sounds like there is definitely an issue here, but I have no idea where to start as it works absolutely fine for me.

Just out of interest, can you try downloading the latest episode of SEGA AGES via the feed in the browser using the instructions I provided to crippenstation earlier in the thread and let me know what happens there. It'll be interesting to see if you get the same error message that he did.

Also, if there are forum members who are able to download these two podcasts successfully via iTunes, could you let me know here as it'll be interesting to see if it's broken for all or some.
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

ResidentSD wrote:Just out of interest, can you try downloading the latest episode of SEGA AGES via the feed in the browser using the instructions I provided to crippenstation earlier in the thread and let me know what happens there. It'll be interesting to see if you get the same error message that he did.
Using those instructions to play/download from within the browser, I had no problems at all.

The only issue for me seems to be downloading in iTunes - I am using the latest version (v10.1) for Mac OS X. If I try to download an episode manually from the iTunes store I get the "err = 500" message in the "Downloads" page. When the computer checks my subscriptions automatically for new episodes, a "!" error icon appears, and if I click on it, it says:

There was a problem downloading "SEGA AGES – E39 – 1997". An internal server error occurred.
Please check that the URL is correct and the connection to the network is active and try again.

This problem exists for Saturday Night Sega, SEGA AGES, and The Sega Jukebox.
FastFeet's FoneMix (both enhanced and regular versions) and Foreversonic's Random Hour work fine.
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks

Gavvie
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by Gavvie »

Lol, Apple fail. Tis an odd occurance however. Wonder what could be causing that.
SimonShirley
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by SimonShirley »

Retrix wrote:Foreversonic's Random Hour work fine.
That might be because the Random Hour podcasts are not on SEGA Media yet. They will be moving there soon though.
Long time lurker and sometimes chief assistant. More the former.
Wayne The Game
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Wayne The Game »

Not that this helps, but just as a side note: sega ages downloaded fine via iTunes using my iPad.
crippenstation
Level 9
Level 9

Post by crippenstation »

Yeah, the 1997 show isn't doing me any favors either. Perhaps if I reboot the Mac tomorrow, it may be better. If not, I may have to take the same steps as I did for the terrific Sonic Team show (I would use the term 'fantastic', but I don't do a good ResidentSD impression).

By the way I use iTunes & Safari. It normally works fine. Might want to look and see if some of the shows are being read by what browser and see why some aren't. Computers are kind of funky like that sometimes.
Beware of your mind as it proves you wrong...
Retrix
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Retrix »

Wayne The Game wrote:Not that this helps, but just as a side note: sega ages downloaded fine via iTunes using my iPad.
This surprises me further – since the server move, I can no longer download using my iPod touch.

Since crippenstation is also using a Mac that seems to be the common link, why that should stop it working though is beyond me. The files are the same format and everything, just stored elsewhere. :wacko:
When asked by the cops
Why the dreadlocks

ResidentSD
Show DJ
Show DJ

Post by ResidentSD »

Right - I've just uploaded last night's Saturday Night SEGA, though I've done something slightly different with the filename.

Can those of you who experienced problems before (crippensation, Retrix et al) have a go at downloading SNS and let me know if that works or not?
Retrix wrote:This surprises me further – since the server move, I can no longer download using my iPod touch.

Since crippenstation is also using a Mac that seems to be the common link, why that should stop it working though is beyond me. The files are the same format and everything, just stored elsewhere. :wacko:
Wayne The Game said it downloaded fine on his iPad, so I don't think it's Steve Jobs' fault - though I'd love to blame him for it!